WSB Using New Music Package

toxictwister00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stephen Arnold wants you to name that package. Contest running from the 7th until October 21st at 1 pm Eastern, name picked at 4pm same day. Winner (picked in a random drawing) wins a 2000 "Fender Artist Series Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster" guitar and whoever was the first to suggest the winning name wins a 2014 "60th Anniversary American Fender Stratocaster" guitar.

Rules: http://blog.stephenarnoldmusic.com/news%C2%A0music/rules-and-regulations/

Vote here: http://blog.stephenarnoldmusic.com/2015/10/07/name-that-news-package-guitar-giveaway/

The Guardian is a long-standing British newspaper, not just a website.

This wouldn't be the first time an Arnold package shared a name with a newspaper; the now-retired WWL News once had the name "Daily Planet" (though that newspaper is fictional).

Okay. I didn't know that.

It's also often called the "Grauniad", apparently they've had a history of misspellings. More recently, they've become a home for smug British liberals (I think- there are so many political parties over there it's hard to know who's what).

• 5 months later...
IDK why we should apologize for bumping old threads...

But WFTV just strapped on Guardian. With a pretty damn clean new graphics package.

I watched a portion this morning and it was old with "Inergy" and all. I'll be tuning in to WFTV all day to see the new stuff.

WFLA in Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL got Guardian and a new graphics package yesterday.

Woohoooo 'bout time! Much more appealing than the last graphic and music package IMO. Like the brighter, cleaner look. Hopefully they'll adjust the kerning/spacing on the lower thirds. Text could be a bit more snug.

KLMO-TV Channel 4 (Larry Olivera) on YouTube uploaded the new WFLA open/music/graphics already:

Yes, it now has Guardian but the graphics sorta remind me of KIRO, at least from the intro.

Those graphics already look dated! And, like many Media General stations, they need to have a solid color behind the logo/time/temp at all times. When there's not a L3 on screen, they get lost and are hard to see.

Archived