Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toxictwister00

WSB Using New Music Package

I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds good- they've been using the same signature since 1998. The music since 2010 was just that except faster.

I'm getting a Stephen Arnold vibe from it. Parts of it sound similar to CBS Local. Not terrible, but I don't like it as much as "Coverage".

Sounds like the package KOKI introduced about a week ago, replacing the Fox O&O package. Wonder if Cox is about to standardize?

That's the same music WHTM just switched to.

With a lot of stations switching to Arnold as of late, I think it was time for Arnold to make new themes.

Nice theme! I'm not sure if I like it more than "Coverage" yet though. I hope WFTV gets this theme. I'm not really a fan of "Inergy."

Interesting package indeed. I didn't expect WSB to change their music but it'll have to grow on me...

This'll have to grow on me. I still think "News 2000" is the best WSB music package though.

Does that Include the CBS Local package?

Yes, in my opinion CBS Local sounds like a cheap ripoff of The Enforcer

Cox is only one of the few station groups that never standardize anything, so it could be a group-wide package, or it can be used only for WSB (among other non-Cox stations).

Cox is only one of the few station groups that never standardize anything, so it could be a group-wide package, or is it used only for WSB (among other non-Cox stations).

But KOKI is owned by Cox, so it will be interesting what their other stations do.

I can confirm it's Stephen Arnold. I have inside sources and video from the early stages of this package's development.

Yeah. Not something I'd tout, since Stephen himself confirmed that database is private under contract.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.