Nielsen released 2015-16 DMA Rankings.

CircleSeven

I would agree.... What's this connection that's bandied about between them since the 50's? As far I've ever known prior to 1996 there wasn't much of one...

ABC showed Walt Disney's Disneyland show, and was one of the original investors in the park.

Also, in the '90s, there were a bunch of sitcoms forced to do Disney theme park episodes, even if they weren't produced by Disney (e.g. Full House being produced by Lorimar/Warner Bros.[!], Roseanne being produced by Carsey-Werner).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fox Owned and operated and NFC Conference Package are:

WTVT (Fox/21st Century Fox) Tampa-St. Petersburg with 1,859,820. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -NFC

KSAZ (Fox/21st Century Fox) Phoenix dropping to 12 (1,848,850) The Arizona Cardinals NFC

WJBK (Fox/21st Century Fox) Detroit to 13 (1,828,230).

WOFL (FOX) Orlando Florida’s theme park capital slipped to 19 (1,489,710).

Fox -affiliate are:

WFXT is owned by Cox Media Group No. 8 with 2,411,250. New England Patriots-AFC

WJW (Tribune) Cleveland Ohio home of the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame moving up to 18 (1,493,160) - Browns AFC

Well Tribune and Fox Televison Swap station again. Fox will Take Seattle (KPCQ/KJZO, Seahawks NFC) exchange for Houston (Texans are AFC, Put MyNetwork TV on Channel 39.4 on Sub Channel), Orlando, Gainsville/Ocala, FL or Austin Texas? You Be Judge!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could see tribune asking for KRIV if WOFL is not enough for them. Who knows, KCPQ does bring in huge $$$ because of the Seahawks, in fact they would bring in more revenue than WOFL because Orlando is only a secondary market of the bucs, and KRIV would reel in only just as much money as KCPQ because AFC teams are not worth as much as the NFC even though KRIV is in a top-10 market.

For Milwaukee, the only logical choice is KTBC because Austin is a very similar size market compared to Milwaukee and even though Austin is a good secondary market for the Cowboys, Milwaukee makes more $$ because it is currently a little larger than Austin, and it is a primary market of the Packers and WITI is a very strong #2 in the market if not #1.

That's something CBS would oblige in. By the way, seeing as how the Houston Texans are an AFC team, is CBS considering buying KHOU? I think that's ridiculous though.

I doubt it, but if they wanted to, they could because they have headroom under the cap, even more than what Fox does. CBS could buy or swap their way into 2, maybe 3 more AFC markets if they wanted, depending on size.

This spectulation crap with the Fox O&Os is out of control! One thing I must say with all of the schedule crossflexing that the NFL and the networks have been doing for the last season or two it almost makes the network-conference-team-affiliation connection meaningless.

Put this into perspective, the networks don't have any pull with which city gets a Super Bowl in what year.

Example is Future Super Bowl sites:

SB 50: Santa Clara, CA will be on CBS which is not the common network of the host 49ers but they do televise the Raiders on the same station KPIX.

SB LI: Houston, TX home of the Texans but broadcasted on Fox and KRIV.

SB LII: Minneapolis, MN broadcasted on NBC on non-O&O KARE

SB LIII: Not awarded yet but most likely will be played at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and televised on CBS and non-O&O WGCL.

What if CBS decides for 2023 they want to take back the NFC package and outbids Fox? Or NBC wants to get back into Sunday Afternoon games and get the AFC back? Neither will happen I promise you but then you start back from scratch and I highly doubt networks will sell back stations and try and acquire new ones based on this.

Milwaukee makes more $$ because it is currently a little larger than Austin, and it is a primary market of the Packers and WITI is a very strong #2 in the market if not #1.

Explain to me how Milwaukee is the primary market for the Green Bay Packers.

Explain to me how Milwaukee is the primary market for the Green Bay Packers.

This is a vestige of the Packers playing 2-3 home games in Milwaukee, a practice that ended in 1994. The Packers are the only team with two "primary markets," Green Bay and Milwaukee.

A side effect of the Packers previously having a "split home" is that they have two season ticket packages. The "Gold Package" that consists of one preseason games and the Second & Fifth regular season home games. And, the "Green Package" that contains the remainder of the home games. The "Gold Package" is essentially the "replacement" package for the Milwaukee games.

This is a vestige of the Packers playing 2-3 home games in Milwaukee, a practice that ended in 1994. The Packers are the only team with two "primary markets," Green Bay and Milwaukee.

A side effect of the Packers previously having a "split home" is that they have two season ticket packages. The "Gold Package" that consists of one preseason games and the Second & Fifth regular season home games. And, the "Green Package" that contains the remainder of the home games. The "Gold Package" is essentially the "replacement" package for the Milwaukee games.

There you have it, and if Fox wanted a station in a primary market of the Packers, they certainly wouldn't pick Green Bay, because it is #68 and I seriously doubt Fox would want a station in the 68th market, because WITI can make much more money than WLUK for Packers because WITI is in a much larger market than Green Bay, and a larger market means a much larger audience.

So, the logical choice is WITI because even though Milwaukee is not a top-25 market, it can generate 5 times more revenue than WLUK because Milwaukee is a much larger market than Green Bay.

To me, Disney selling their stations just doesn't make strategic sense because they get a lot of revenue out of them, not to mention they have really strong news departments for their stations.

Because Fox was considering trading the KCPQ/KZJO duopoly with WPWR so that they could get more revenue from Seahawks games.

And whenever I hear about Fox trying to buy a station in Seattle, this is what I think of:

Agreed I'll never know why there was any kind of speculation about Disney/ABC selling their O&Os in the First Place.

Agreed I'll never know why there was any kind of speculation about Disney/ABC selling their O&Os in the First Place.

For me there was this article yes it a couple years old, but hey anything can in this television climate. Yes, many could be grasping at straws, but again you never know..

http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/disney-once-again-considering-sale-of-local-tv-stations/

Archived