New Set for KABC?

fan of la tv

Looking at it again, I don't understand the use of all the oblique shapes and lines in the graphics and set. The sharp angles don't work as well with the logo as the circles did in the old graphics. Though with that said, I really like the simplified animations in the lower thirds and other elements. I was worried they were going to ditch the clean look and go back to the world of swooshes and extraneous 3D elements.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the font choice. The L3's could use some work, I don't like how they float all the way to the left. The set looks pretty nice, especially the desk--looks very sharp.

Looking at it again, I don't understand the use of all the oblique shapes and lines in the graphics and set. The sharp angles don't work as well with the logo as the circles did in the old graphics. Though with that said, I really like the simplified animations in the lower thirds and other elements. I was worried they were going to ditch the clean look and go back to the world of swooshes and extraneous 3D elements.

All the angles in the graphics remind me of what the Scripps package would look like if it was different colors... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these are Renderon graphics...

All I can say is... Woooow. That is a very nice set. It seems like they filled up every inch of that space, really really well. I don't think I've seen a set like that in Los Angeles in quite a while and I say that its the best one in Los Angeles right now, even better than KTLA's.

Is it me or are some of the screen panels on that wall already doing that weird "green tint" thing?

I can't remember who specifically mentioned this on TVForum.co.uk but apparently LED monitors have issues with color matching off angles. The person said that when the camera is shot head on or close to they no issues but when they are significantly off it gives off weird colors.

I agree... this one's brighter and more flexible in terms of presentation capabilities. For example, for the recent Republican election polls, instead of putting them up as a full screen, they are routed to the 3x7 idea wall to the right of home base, where the reporter can show off the most important aspects of the data. I think it's more visually interesting that way!

Very nice set! Definitely the best in the market right now. I still miss the old days of KABC when they had their massive studio with two sets in the 90s-early 2000s. You can find videos of them on YouTube....one set was for the morning, midday, 4pm and 6pm shows. The other was for the 5pm and 11pm shows. A unique idea that made them stand out from the competition.

Archived