New Set for KABC?

fan of la tv

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That said, did they forget about their work in Atlanta? Also, there's no guarantee that KABC is their client. There are bound to be a few Fox stations due for a set in the top 10, and WJLA is getting a new set, as well.

Let me add to this:

If they just inked the deal in late August, why is KABC already on a temp set?

It takes longer than a month to design and work out what the client wants, and they wouldn't dismantle their set just to have an empty room until that process is finished.

Let me add to this:

If they just inked the deal in late August, why is KABC already on a temp set?

It takes longer than a month to design and work out what the client wants, and they wouldn't dismantle their set just to have an empty room until that process is finished.

Not to mention they must order the correct amount and colors of Lego's.

And they're probably gonna need it to be reinforced against earthquakes- hence they're gonna need the Bionic Six to build the set out of steel and high-quality wood.

Or you could just do a 'Bouncy House" set completely ignoring all seismic requirements.

The idea of Bouncy House Weather is amusing at the least.

Is there any update on the KABC set? I know when the rumors started flying and this thread started, the "temp" set had really tight camera shots. I don't think they took three shots for sports or weather. Now I have watched for the past few days and there are more three shots, etc. Their set isn't in terrible need for replacing. Other O&Os could go first such as WTVD in Raleigh/Durham. Just looking to see if anyone can update....

I think it's still in the Environmental Review Stage. Once the traffic impact studies and air resources reviews are complete they should be able to to move on to the 120 day public comment period required by the City of Glendale.

So figure on a few more years before the permits are issued for the new set.

Building could begin by late 2019.

God Save California!

I think it's still in the Environmental Review Stage. Once the traffic impact studies and air resources reviews are complete they should be able to to move on to the 120 day public comment period required by the City of Glendale.

So figure on a few more years before the permits are issued for the new set.

Building could begin by late 2019.

God Save California!

All kidding aside. Eat News is right. Getting anything approved in this state is like getting a tooth pulled... Painful, costly and time-consuming.

All kidding aside. Eat News is right. Getting anything approved in this state is like getting a tooth pulled... Painful, costly and time-consuming.

My Grandpa tells stories from the days when they stole a desk from a local real estate office, grabbed a free map from the service station and borrowed a large electric clock from a factory...

They say that was the first KECA news set circa 1950's. Of course many people died on those old dangerous sets with all that lead croma key paint.

Thank goodness for today's "anchor safe" news sets.

My Grandpa tells stories from the days when they stole a desk from a local real estate office, grabbed a free map from the service station and borrowed a large electric clock from a factory...

They say that was the first KECA news set circa 1950's. Of course many people died on those old dangerous sets with all that lead croma key paint.

Thank goodness for today's "anchor safe" news sets.

Not that safe. Did you hear about the situation that happened at KTRK a few weeks ago when they got a new set? One of their meteorologists- Casey Curry fell off one of those risers next to desk and broke her wrist. I think it was 1 or 2 days after the new set debuted...

I don't get why people are so anxious for the new set to debut when they've been on a temp set less than WLS has...

These things take time... Some stations take less because they just plop in a new set and that's it. Some take more because they do other upgrades to the studio infrastructure and replace electrical systems and cable runs and other equipment that needs to be wired up, tested, calibrated, and rehearsed with.

Way late but that Devlin tweet has nothing to do with KABC. Sets take months from signing a deal to ending up at a station. Whatever deal they signed will probably be targeted for May 2016 sweeps.

I don't get why people are so anxious for the new set to debut when they've been on a temp set less than WLS has...

These things take time... Some stations take less because they just plop in a new set and that's it. Some take more because they do other upgrades to the studio infrastructure and replace electrical systems and cable runs and other equipment that needs to be wired up, tested, calibrated, and rehearsed with.

Way late but that Devlin tweet has nothing to do with KABC. Sets take months from signing a deal to ending up at a station. Whatever deal they signed will probably be targeted for May 2016 sweeps.

Here's the full new KABC graphics package. Dallas did give a brief mention of them at the end of his weathercast. Seems like they are going for a 3D/virtual view in their near future?

wx12.JPG.94f96c40f2f479592c1b5e9098a1024e.JPG

wx1.JPG.d6000cc729ad7b5a68e263b6fa98c628.JPG

wx2.JPG.fbe18da80918afdbf02a6737f9eff0bb.JPG

wx3.JPG.b64e0737fe19a9738c09df187979af34.JPG

wx4.JPG.f880f357f6ddaca278f92c4a78db41fa.JPG

wx5.JPG.d153e161d05c38893c0fcafa30d49419.JPG

wx6.JPG.971b7fe26fa1420209594355d9e21698.JPG

wx7.JPG.12f97c7de399c5debb7f58cba0be8aa1.JPG

wx9.JPG.e90e7c5c9b51941eb85bdc4cebf4cb50.JPG

wx10.JPG.ba79dba64b7cf39c151a88a90fcf9dfe.JPG

I think that virtual reality deal is just the latest software update. At bare minimum, WLS, WTVD, and WPVI are rocking this look.

Yeah that grid base underneath looks exactly like what WLS uses... These look pretty clean...

Three years. That's been their typical interval for the last several looks.

Ok so they change it fairly often... Personally I'd like to see something with more bulk to it like WABC or WLS... The flat is ok too..

Archived