New Set for KABC?

fan of la tv

I tuned into the middle of the Saturday morning news on KABC and they were doing their newscast from their newsroom. They made no mention why they were there but I did miss the beginning where they might of mentioned. Anyone have any info?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they were in the newsroom this morning. And now it looks like they've move some of the 2006 set to a temporary spot (a la WLS).

buneUec.png

I'm a bit curious is that an air vent on top of the pillar to the left of the duratrans/screen?

As an aside I still can't believe they make talent wear circle seven pins. I can't imagine how many holes their clothes must have.

Yeah, they were in the newsroom this morning. And now it looks like they've move some of the 2006 set to a temporary spot (a la WLS).

NzubngF.png

buneUec.png

Kinda cool Brandi Hitt was anchoring. I don't think I've ever seen an ABC correspondent fill in at an O&O anchor desk before.

I'm a bit curious is that an air vent on top of the pillar to the left of the duratrans/screen?

As an aside I still can't believe they make talent wear circle seven pins. I can't imagine how many holes their clothes must have.

Probably to release some of the heat being emitted from the projection screen and the lights behind the duratrans. Not exactly the best place to put it, but it's only temporary.

I've always like those pins as a kid I wanted one. I remember WJBK & WXYZ both would have them on the anchors lapels. It seems as of NOW KABC the only station that has the pins...The pins are old school from the 70s.

I've always like those pins as a kid I wanted one. I remember WJBK & WXYZ both would have them on the anchors lapels. It seems as of NOW KABC the only station that has the pins...The pins are old school from the 70s.

Maybe from LA, but both KMGH and KUSA have pins! I like it.

kabc-tv-7-los-angeles-2013-sports.jpg From my standpoint, what we're seeing could be a move stage left (to the right of the usual home base as we see it) due to work being done on that part of the set... Pictures on the old Black Walnut site would demonstrate that this is the area to the left of the update/traffic area, but I can't seem to find them. Shown above, however, is the wall to the left of the aforementioned region of the set, where the camera was set up in front of home base, yet facing to the right. This should be the backlit wall that you see in the screencaps above.

So I assume WABC & WPVI won't be on the bandwagon to get new sets; however KABC, WLS, *KRTK, are in the process to get new sets. Where does WTVD, KFSN, & KGO stand at?

WABC just got one not too long ago. The current studio is pretty adjustable so they might want to consider some new backdrops.

ABC going all in with new sets this fall!

WABC just got one not too long ago. The current studio is pretty adjustable so they might want to consider some new backdrops.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a few updates for WABC.

That said, I know WPVI just updated their set but they, in my opinion, are in dire need of an all new set.

Ugh...

Get ready for lots of video walls with big black lines in them, as if nothing has changed since 1994.

The folks who did WFTV's set are truly innovative. Too bad they're a small upstart.

Same for the WrightSet folks who did KPRC and whomever did the KENS set in San Antonio.

Yeah, as nice as WAGA's set is, its advantage lies in its size, and not its features. The generic sets in a box rolled out at some of the Scripps stations are mediocre and cheap-looking. Back to my point about WAGA, hopefully ABC7's studio size will yield a quality product.

That said, did they forget about their work in Atlanta? Also, there's no guarantee that KABC is their client. There are bound to be a few Fox stations due for a set in the top 10, and WJLA is getting a new set, as well.

Yeah, as nice as WAGA's set is, its advantage lies in its size, and not its features. The generic sets in a box rolled out at some of the Scripps stations are mediocre and cheap-looking. Back to my point about WAGA, hopefully ABC7's studio size will yield a quality product.

That said, did they forget about their work in Atlanta? Also, there's no guarantee that KABC is their client. There are bound to be a few Fox stations due for a set in the top 10, and WJLA is getting a new set, as well.

I couldn't agree more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived