KWQC's Set

FirstNews8

yea..WITN's set is bad--- what is going on with those logos :-X

anywho... KWQC's set is very old.. Although there have been MINOR face lifts (i.e the desk has been changed a couple times) and there was an exrtra row on the monitor wall added in 2003

other than that... KWQC has used that annoying light thing for the side views. I also can't stand how that monitor wall is..how it is diagonal-ish

Guest daleduke17

WAND-TV's looks bad. I'll try and find a better shot of it, but here is one.

I know they like mentioning the fact that they cover Springfield,Decatur and Champaign/Urbana, but, the cutouts of the Capitol,Central Station, and Assembly Hall need to go.

I actually like that backdrop that WAND uses.

See.. I would think that everystation would have at leaste one backdrop of their city or something

I love WQAD to death...but they need to do something with this side backdrop... I can't stand looking at it... the set is already blue enough. But it is better than what they used to have...which was just the wood

--oh btw..the guy with the curly mustache is NOT an anchor :p he is just the gardening expert

Guest daleduke17

It depends on the story, as to how it looks. Sometimes it looks like the Peacock and the landmarks are going to attack the newscasters. :p

Here's a pretty decent picture from the "Tour on Tape" (from wandtv.com on demand section).

That would be GREAT! But I dont think they will ever be able to rise up pass third possition in the ratings. They have been going for a long time on this terrible, "Eyewitness News, Youll Say I See" How STUPID. I think this month, WQAD was first, KWQC second and I know WHBF 3rd and KLJB last.

LOL!!!

They are doing something with the side backdrop (olga's side) because A- it appears to be (on friday) nothing there.

Before..when the set was built..it was red..with colorful lines on it...then last year they added a white wall..with a really neat projectory

But yes.. it deffinately needs a makeover.. that set is used 14 times for day (Independent News Network in Davenport produces the KLJB 9:00 news.)

Guest daleduke17

Also, KLJB needs a big makeovr as well...

Makeover? Looks like it needs Ty Pennington to come over. :-p

Do you think you can find everything to build a news set at Sears? :D

This is true. *thinks* Trading Spaces...Newsroom Edition. KLJB and KWQC. :-p

I do like WQAD's set...but it is deffinately not my favorite of what I have seen.

That centenial bridge backdrop has been used since 1995 (with Matt)

and they use the exact same picture..only daytime (blue skies w.o the lights)

It is also really neat how they change them too (I toured with the old HORRIBLE set)

Guest daleduke17

The nighttime picture I posted is actually a pretty nice backdrop. A pretty nice one is the "Today" one with an actual window behind them. Now, I know some stations couldn't really do that because of where they are. Now, the 10pm Saturday news after an Illini game would probably get funny on WCIA. A bunch of drunk UofI fans wandering around. Priceless. :-p

Archived