BREAKING: WDBJ Reporter and Photog shot and killed.

alex979

During a live report this morning around 7:45 AM ET, shots rang out on WDBJ's air. It has now been confirmed that the reporter, Allison Parker, and the cameraman, Adam Ward, have died. The shooter is apparently still on the loose.

The video is absolutely chilling. Good lord.

http://www.newsleader.com/story/news/local/2015/08/26/reports-shots-disrupt-wdbj-live-shot/32389087/

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/bedford_county/two-wdbj-journalists-dead-after-shots-fired-at-bridgewater-plaza/article_67c09161-0109-5228-a554-0d14ffc56d51.html?mode=jqm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/26/active-shooter-reportedly-attacks-tv-crew-in-virginia/?intcmp=latestnews?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----------------------------

SPECIAL ADMIN NOTE:

DO NOT post or link to the video. Anyone who does so will have their account terminated. I will allow the video to be posted if and when WDBJ decides to release it themselves.

Via CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/virginia-shooting-wdbj/index.html

(CNN)An apparently routine live TV interview went horribly wrong in Virginia on Wednesday morning.

Two WDBJ employees -- a reporter and a photographer -- were shot to death while reporting on a feature story Wednesday morning, the CNN affiliate in Virginia reported.

They were reporter Alison Parker and photographer Adam Ward, the station said.

The crew from WDBJ was involved in the shooting during a live interview at Bridgewater Plaza near Moneta.

Video circulated on social media showed a WDBJ reporter scream as what appeared to be gunshots were fired.

Warning: The video is absolutely hard to watch. Hell, it's hard to listen to. KYW Newsradio ran the audio as a cut-in this morning and it sounded absolutely horrific. Prayers go out to the families and crew.

What's even worse was that her fiancé was the producer in the control room and saw it, and it was her last day at the station before moving onto Charlotte, according to what the GM just said on CNN. This is really, truly terrible.

SPECIAL ADMIN NOTE:

DO NOT post or link to the video. Anyone who does so will have their account terminated. I will allow the video to be posted if and when WDBJ decides to release it themselves.

I wish there was an option to like one post 1,000 times.

This terrorist attack (even if it is a rouge shooter, let's not mince words, it IS an act of terrorism) is so shocking, there are no words.

Unconfirmed reports from my local Fox Station and FTVLive, cops are involved in a high speed chase on I-81 with the suspected shooter right now, and it is possibly a disgruntled employee of WDBJ.

My deepest thoughts and prayers for Allison and Adam's family and friends, and all at WDBJ.

Warning: The video is absolutely hard to watch. Hell, it's hard to listen to. KYW Newsradio ran the audio as a cut-in this morning and it sounded absolutely horrific. Prayers go out to the families and crew.

WMJI's morning hosts Mark Nolan, Jimmy Malone and Chip Kullik (for those who didn't see in "Out and About," Nolan recently joined WOIO as an early evening anchor and has extensive TV news experience) played the audio as well.

To call it horrific is an understatement. The entire show crew was shaken deeply.

Unconfirmed reports from my local Fox Station and FTVLive, cops are involved in a high speed chase on I-81 with the suspected shooter right now, and it is possibly a disgruntled employee of WDBJ.

Just saw a tweet where Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe suggested that the shooter was a disgruntled employee when it was brought up during the "Ask the Governor" show on WTOP-FM.

Just saw a tweet where Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe suggested that the shooter was a disgruntled employee when it was brought up during the "Ask the Governor" show on WTOP-FM.

I heard Gov. McAuliffe say as such (have been streaming WTOP-FM).

I had been streaming WTOP-FM (remember, WTOP is one of the highest-rated commercial radio stations in the nation's capital!) so I heard Gov. McAuliffe make those remarks matter-of-factly, live on the air. As if this wasn't shocking enough.

I'm seeing tweets about a couple of stations canceling live shots for the day. There's no reason to do that. Today is no more dangerous than yesterday.

Also, KWCH is sending staff to cover WDBJ shifts. Both are Schurz stations.

He also went by Bryce Williams and is a former WDBJ reporter. He's now going on a Twitter rant and posted his own video. Really awful stuff.

Edit: I had linked to his Twitter before the videos were posted. I apologize if anybody clicked on the link here and saw them.

Archived