Welcome to the New TVNewsTalk.net!

After many months of work and more than a year of research and planning, we are happy to unveil the latest iteration of TVNewsTalk.net! It had been several years since the last update, and we figured that it was time for a change. We had hoped to had launched it in time for TVNewsTalk's 14th anniversary on July 25th, but a variety of technical issues got in the way.

There are a few things to note as we settle in with our new software:

Username Changes:

Usernames reverted back to your "Login Name" as the concept of having a separate "Display Name" has ceased to exist. You can change your username by clicking here if you'd rather not use the name you ended up with.

[spoiler=FAQ: Why did my username change anyways?]Invision Power Board stored two names for each user. One was your Username and the other was your "Display Name", which would show in place of your Username. XenForo does not support this feature, and when the software converted the board it simply converted user names and discarded display names. There was an exception made to people who had signed up using Facebook. TVNewsTalk manually converted all Facebook users' display names to their user name, to keep real names from appearing on the site.

Facebook Users and Integration:

As part of the conversion process, anyone who had registered for TVNewsTalk using Facebook has had their username reset to their old display name. This was to prevent accounts using display names from ending up with their real name exposed on the site. You may also need to reset your password to log in. You can do that by clicking here.

You may re-enable integration for Facebook (and Twitter or Google too!) by clicking here.

Gallery:

The gallery will be moved over in the next day or two. We are prioritizing getting the forums up and running first.

For some reason, avatars did not all transfer correctly, and some users reverted to an older avatar. You can change that by clicking here.

Dark Theme:

If the new theme is too bright for you, a dark version will be along sometime soon.

We will be spending the next couple of days tweaking and adjusting things, so please bear with us as things move around some.

If you need assistance, please feel free to reply to this thread or shoot me a private message. You may also email support at tvnewstalk dot net if you are having issues logging in.

Thanks for your continued support of TVNewsTalk!

Frequently Asked Questions:

What happened to "View New Content?!

The View New Content button is now labeled "New Posts" and you can find it in the navbar at the top of the screen.

UPDATE 1: There were issues with emails not being sent. This has been corrected and password resets will work now.

I'm having extraordinary difficulty setting up an avatar. The forum thinks every file I throw at it is bigger than 50 KB. I'm also missing the option to host the avatar on imgur or similar which would really be helpful in avoiding these other problems.

Other than that, I do like the look!

Xenforo? Seriously? Funny thing, a site I help run used to use this same exact theme with different colors and we had switched off it like a week ago in favor of the new IPB. I honestly think the new IPB is easier to use from both a user and a admin standpoint. But to each their own I suppose.

Also the backend is a huge pain in the rear to deal with. In six months you guys will be wanting to move elsewhere with and Admin Panel that is easier to use.

That said, it looks nice, but on the surface. I will continue to support TVNT for the content and because some of the users on here are insightful and I can learn a lot from here. Thanks again.

Edit: I should add you won't be using the new shout box in three months it will crash your site. That plugin is corrupted...

I'm having extraordinary difficulty setting up an avatar. The forum thinks every file I throw at it is bigger than 50 KB. I'm also missing the option to host the avatar on imgur or similar which would really be helpful in avoiding these other problems.

Other than that, I do like the look!

Could you upload the file somewhere and send it to me to test? I'm not sure why it would do that.

Given the changes in my personal life and all, I'm glad I reverted back to HulkieD. And I'm glad I'm back to my old, pre-Gardner Facepalm avatar. Nice changes!

It's good to see you posting again too. Nice to see the HulkieD name make a comeback as well. :)

Like the look. I was thinking of changing my avatar but I gonna change it back to my Antawn Jamison bummer poster.

The pope is coming to NYC, I'll be watching. (You long-time folks know the last the pope was in town and the comment I made about one particular station.)

Click the Media (film strip) button in the editor and insert your tweet. Here's a sample:

[MEDIA=twitter]635679772916363264[/MEDIA]

I'm on my iPad so some of the menus are not working. The film strip pops up but for some reason I can't tap the field for the URL.

But quoting your tweet I see that I can use the MEDIA=twitter tag

[media=twitter]

[/media]

Archived