WJLA to (finally) get a new set.

I hope it not like the small market sets Devlin has created for i.e WTVC, WRGB, WKEF etc. For DC I hope it a big market set.

I agree. This is not the time for Sinclair to get cheap...

• 4 weeks later...

It's a lot better than what they had though. Does it look the best for a market that size? No. Is it a tad bit plain and boring? Yes. But again, it's *a lot* better than what they had. Perhaps some of us have been spoiled by the magnificent things we've seen so far this year that we expected something even better for WJLA.

It's a lot better than what they had though. Does it look the best for a market that size? No. Is it a tad bit plain and boring? Yes. But again, it's *a lot* better than what they had. Perhaps some of us have been spoiled by the magnificent things we've seen so far this year that we expected something even better for WJLA.

For me it's more looking at their competitors in their own market. In this case WRC and WTTG and how much money their owners invested into a very nice and detailed news set.

This set is a visual example of how Sinclair is trying to go the cheap route which may work in their smaller markets but it definitely doesn't work in the bigger markets where the owners have deeper pockets.

It's a lot better than what they had, but that is such a low bar considering that set should've been replaced a decade ago. And as others have said, this set will date itself pretty quick because of how cheap it looks.

A set like this will look like crap on KOMO or KATU.

I feel bad for WSET getting that. Geez

They're not ;) WSET's current and previous set are WJLA's past two sets.

[GALLERY=media, 702]Screen Shot 2015-09-15 At 7.26.00 PM by Ntropolis posted Sep 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 701]Screen Shot 2015-09-15 At 7.26.20 PM by Ntropolis posted Sep 15, 2015 at 7:28 PM[/GALLERY]

My first thought was:"Who approved this?" It not what I pictured and someone previously said, that with all the neat new sets around the country and WJLA not having a new set since 98? that they would have done something spectacular. This set already looks aged. If they get enough viewer complaints, I could see them tweaking there set again.

Archived