WLS To Get New Set

24994J

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw it, I won't let this thread die. I just thought this was cool. They've overlaid videos and animations before, but to my knowledge, this is the first time the video board has been fully taken over by a graphic, and it looks pretty good. Leading into winter and the election season after, I'm really excited to see what they come up with.

output_IU65DA_zpsqzbaf4js.gif

Screw it, I won't let this thread die. I just thought this was cool. They've overlaid videos and animations before, but to my knowledge, this is the first time the video board has been fully taken over by a graphic, and it looks pretty good. Leading into winter and the election season after, I'm really excited to see what they come up with.

output_IU65DA_zpsqzbaf4js.gif

I saw that... It looks great....

Why such a dramatic introduction to the weather segment? Lemme guess, "OMG, it's cold in November! Breaking News!"

It was the top of the broadcast, and they were talking about tornadoes that hit Texas, and that brought the high winds and rain to us last night.

• 4 weeks later...
I like Alan and Cheryl together, a little more than I like her with Ron (though I liked her paired with Rob Johnson the most), but holy hell, I can't fathom the thought of her being lead anchor. I'll take Kathy or Karen at 10, every day of the week, and lucky for me, I can.

Why no love for Cheryl? I think she does well, and it only a matter of time before she moves into that cushy 10pm anchor slot. I did read that WBBM tried to lure her after they got Rob Johnson....

Didn't realize WMAQ had such a lead at 10pm.

The set is nice but isn't going to do much to drive ratings.

I do respect Ron Magers and his work, but maybe time to pass the baton to Alan and take the 6. There's a deep enough bench to back fill him.

Frankly an Alan and Cheryl combo at 10 feels right.

When the time is right Alan will get the job, but I like Ron too, but before Ron moves when is Jerry going to retired. He seems nervous, or not with it. Isn't Jerry 70 and Ron in his late 60s. I guess the folks at WLS will be there for awhile.

Why no love for Cheryl? I think she does well, and it only a matter of time before she moves into that cushy 10pm anchor slot. It did read that WBBM tried to lure her after they got Rob Johnson....

It's nothing personal, just a personal opinion on Ms. Burton, though I'm definitely not the only one that's not high on her. Besides, she's only 3 years younger than Kathy, so by the time Kathy hangs it up, the bosses will move onto someone younger, be it Jordan, Babich, or someone from the outside.

When the time is right Alan will get the job, but I like Ron too, but before Ron moves when is Jerry going to retired. He seems nervous, or not with it. Isn't Jerry 70 and Ron in his late 60s. I guess the folks at WLS will be there for awhile.

Jerry is 72 and Ron is 71. Cheryl Scott's hiring signals that Jerry's within a year of retirement, and Ron said more than a year ago that he couldn't imagine doing this beyond another 3-5 years.

It's nothing personal, just a personal opinion on Ms. Burton, though I'm definitely not the only one that's not high on her. Besides, she's only 3 years younger than Kathy, so by the time Kathy hangs it up, the bosses will move onto someone younger, be it Jordan, Babich, or someone from the outside.

Jerry is 72 and Ron is 71. Cheryl Scott's hiring signals that Jerry's within a year of retirement, and Ron said more than a year ago that he couldn't imagine doing this beyond another 3-5 years.

Didn't know Ron was 71, and I figured Jerry would retire soon and Cheryl Scott would get the main weather gig. Also Linda Yu she's 69, so they have a bench of talent that in their 70s and I'm sure they want to enjoy life after television news. I wonder what management plan will be once those have retire.

Didn't know Ron was 71, and I figured Jerry would retire soon and Cheryl Scott would get the main weather gig. Also Linda Yu she's 69, so they have a bench of talent that in their 70s and I'm sure they want to enjoy life after television news. I wonder what management plan will be once those have retire.

I'd get into my ideas, but...

1. It would ramble on too long.
  2. I've pretty much done it before.
  3. I'd do it in the other thread.
  4. 20 bucks says at least 2/3 of my predictions would be wrong.

I get into my ideas, but...

1. It would ramble on too long.
  2. I've pretty much done it before.
  3. I'd do it in the other thread.
  4. 20 bucks says at least 2/3 of my predictions would be wrong.

I'd take the bet if I was confident they would be and I could afford to lose $20 but I'm not and I can't...

Archived