NFL Preseason 2015

Viper550

Time for another month of kitchy local telecasts of American football

Lions: Pre-season rights have moved to WJBK from WXYZ, so now it's a Fox Sports Detroit production (though using the horizontal CFB scoreboard rather than the boxy Fox one)

Patriots: WBZ, same as last year

Chargers: I bet you they're still going to use that unholy mashup of ancient CBS graphics. Trust me. (well, it was close.)

Browns: It's funny, Scripps dumped the Lions, but now they've got the Browns. It's the pre-CBS Thursday Night Football scoreboard (the silver/black one)

Time for another month of kitchy local telecasts of American football

Lions: Pre-season rights have moved to WJBK from WXYZ, so now it's a Fox Sports Detroit production (though using the horizontal CFB scoreboard rather than the boxy Fox one)

Browns: It's funny, Scripps dumped the Lions, but now they've got the Browns. It's the pre-CBS Thursday Night Football scoreboard (the silver/black one)

Scripps dumped the lions to help them put more money into WXYZ it looks like. The Browns are probably cheaper too.

The Ravens are using last seasons SNF package before it was modified for the Super Bowl but with full screen graphics in the 4:3 safe zone. The Redskins are using the BPL score bug while the rest of the elements look to be from the same package the Ravens are using.

Actually, Redskins is still the old CSN graphics but moved to a 16:9 placement (much like NHL did this season). The CSN version of everything tended to be more compact than the main network for some reason. They're all ultimately the old NBC graphics.

Meanwhile, Cowboys are unchanged and the Chargers are still using those graphics. Can we just kill them with fire already?

KFMB/Chargers actually updated every graphic with the exception of the scorebug. They are now using the current CBS NFL look, the scorebug is a tweaked version of the one from several years back. Hey, it's still a mish-mash but at the very least they aren't using graphics from the the early 00's. Baby steps.

capture_20150813_191034_zpsdfmtydpn.jpg

capture_20150813_191423_zpsialgd13v.jpg

capture_20150813_191853_zpsz28vgiax.jpg

capture_20150813_191925_zpsyi1cneqp.jpg

This is by far the most historic thing we have ever witnessed in the NFL preseason thread, ever. Also that logo on that one graphic NEEDS to be fixed

Meanwhile, the Dolphins have also shifted to something more like the normal CBS graphics, but with a bit more chrome

Looks like the Saints broadcast is being produced by FOX Sports New Orleans with the CFB score bug (and Joel Meyers on the call). Used to be produced by Cox Sports Television?

I don't know how the Saints produce their preseason games but here the Ravens/Redskins are produced by the teams. I believe they use the NBC look because their Primary affiliates are both WBAL/WRC and CSN SportsNet MidAtlantic. CSN carried both games throughout their service area on CSN and CSN +.

Looks like the Saints broadcast is being produced by FOX Sports New Orleans with the CFB score bug (and Joel Meyers on the call). Used to be produced by Cox Sports Television?

Raycom Sports is handling the production of these games now. All the stations airing Saints games are Raycom affiliates with the exception of Lafayette and Mobile where Raycom doesn't have any affiliates (leaving a big gap in Lafayette since cable providers there replaced Raycom-owned KPLC for the new NBC affiliate there (KLAF). Looks like KATC and WKRG respectively stepped in to fill those gaps (KATC airing it on their CW subchannel and WKRG preempting CBS programming for it). Not sure why they're using Fox Sports graphics though.

http://www.raycommedia.com/news/1503261.htm

I don't know how the Saints produce their preseason games but here the Ravens/Redskins are produced by the teams. I believe they use the NBC look because their Primary affiliates are both WBAL/WRC and CSN SportsNet MidAtlantic. CSN carried both games throughout their service area on CSN and CSN +.

I just assumed because previously the games aired on CST. Maybe it is the team production using FOX graphics because their flagship station is WVUE and there's no CST this year.

I just assumed because previously the games aired on CST. Maybe it is the team production using FOX graphics because their flagship station is WVUE and there's no CST this year.

I am thinking that it is because of WVUE is a Fox station, and Raycom has access to the Fox College Graphics by virtue of producing the ACC games for Fox Sports Net.

Interesting that Raycom is using FOX graphics for the Saints, for the Panthers (Raycom also produces their preseason) they are using the same graphics they have used for a few years now (they are like the ones Raycom used to use for ACC telecasts)

Archived