Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
24994J

CBS Evening News

Update to above post:

Graphic for promotion after watching KOVR's feed. (5:30's specific to the market)

Elizabeth Klinge will be doing Sunday, 5/24.

image.png.a66307956104474733f367f48564d0ec.png

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Update to above post:

Graphic for promotion after watching KOVR's feed. (5:30's specific to the market)

Elizabeth Klinge will be doing Sunday, 5/24.

image.png.a66307956104474733f367f48564d0ec.png

Nice. Yet, I still hope someone from Oklahoma's Own News 9, KWTV in Oklahoma City would step in. Fingers crossed.

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, DonDonP1 said:

Nice. Yet, I still hope someone from Oklahoma's Own News 9, KWTV in Oklahoma City would step in. Fingers crossed.

I wonder too if they will drop to the next tier of markets, i.e. upper-middle markets (i.e. 31 to 60) where it is all affiliates and no O&O's, but I'd think most or all capable top 30 markets (i.e. top to high markets) would get a chance first. 

Also, I don't think they would schedule it for Oklahoma City in the spring unless they have a backup since they could have severe weather coverage to deal with as well. I'm sure there are backup options set up anyway.

Edited by GoldenShine9

2 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

I wonder too if they will drop to the next tier of markets, i.e. upper-middle markets (i.e. 31 to 60) where it is all affiliates and no O&O's, but I'd think most or all capable top 30 markets (i.e. top to high markets) would get a chance first. 

Also, I don't think they would schedule it for Oklahoma City in the spring unless they have a backup since they could have severe weather coverage to deal with as well. I'm sure there are backup options set up anyway.

I'm still waiting for Pittsburgh PA (KDKA-TV) and Norfolk VA (WTKR-TV)  to get turns anchoring soon. Most Florida stations (Except WTSP and WKRG) could be a good option for June. I would also like to see Oregon and more of the Midwest get a shot as well. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I'm still waiting for Pittsburgh PA (KDKA-TV) and Norfolk VA (WTKR-TV)  to get turns anchoring soon. Most Florida stations (Except WTSP and WKRG) could be a good option for June. I would also like to see Oregon and more of the Midwest get a shot as well. 

KOIN has already had a shot in Oregon. I agree, if a Florida station is doing it, it can't be during the peak of hurricane season without backup options, so June might work, but later in the year would need backups.

Edited by GoldenShine9