CBS Evening News

24994J

6 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

Our good friends over at The Other Site have the new open, and speaking of new music... CBS is bringing back the music from '87, albeit slightly remixed.

I at first did not have much hope for this rebrand but the new intro, updated 87 theme, in studio graphics actually changes my mind! I can't wait to see this in action!

Edited by ATLNewsExpert
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

Our good friends over at The Other Site have the new open, and speaking of new music... CBS is bringing back the music from '87, albeit slightly remixed.

Some other pictures from them
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Also it's confirmed the new music remix is by AntFood, the same people who designed the new CBS Mnemonic. No more Man Made Music.

Edited by bgiesing
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The music works well for what it is. A modern take on the 1987 theme is miles better than the awkward EDM remix they’d been using. Sounds like they incorporated the 5-note musical signature as well.

The twinkle effect they have on the intro looks cheesy and cheap as hell, but I guess the overall intro/graphics are an improvement over what they had.

I’m surprised they didn’t make further updates to the set, given that the virtual background draws heavily from Studio 57 in NY.

None of this will really do anything ratings-wise, of course, but I guess it’s good for brand cohesion.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

I like everything about this ... except the very end.  The stars effect, sad to say cheapens this look a bit.  Kinda reminds me of ABC's Still the One stars at the end.

-- Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, who?cares said:

I really like set graphics. The wood look elements add a timeless feeling. 

Feels a little dark though.

10 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

Now I'm wondering if any of the O&O's will launch the new look today to coincide with this.

Nope! Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FiveNews said:

Glad to see they are doubling down on staying in DC. I have always liked the DC move. It's the nation's capital and there is a ton going on there these days. Makes sense to be in the middle of the madness.

I agree. Most don’t seem to like the move to DC but I’m on board with it. 

• Like 3

I’m… surprised…. This looks amazing, love brining back an old theme, the L3’s are unique, and the open stands out. It’s nice to see CBS actually try, when they inevitably fire Norah this look will transition well. The CBS News streaming elements look great. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jrogo said:

I’m… surprised…. This looks amazing, love brining back an old theme, the L3’s are unique, and the open stands out. It’s nice to see CBS actually try, when they inevitably fire Norah this look will transition well. The CBS News streaming elements look great. 

Yeah I agree. I'm impressed. I really like this! I thought they'd go the CBS Mornings route in terms of the L3s, but happy to be proven wrong on that. 

• Like 2