CBS Evening News

24994J

5 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

How will Norah mess this EP up? Inquiring minds want to know.  I say he lasts 6 months. 

I totally doubt it. Considering he worked closely with her many times during his decade+ with CBS (as said in the linked article), my guess is she more than probably won't and he'll last longer than that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Action Newsroom said:

I totally doubt it. Considering he worked closely with her many times during his decade+ with CBS (as said in the linked article), my guess is she more than probably won't and he'll last longer than that.

I hope your right, but it has been noted on this forum multiple times that morale is at an all time low at CBS. I wish Adam well and hopes he makes the CBSEN successful but history says otherwise.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, newsanchor26 said:

New CBS Evening News graphics will debut on Monday, August 29. The look will be in line with the new CBS deconstructed eye look that has been rolling out.

Wonder if the new open is gonna be the Weekend News open.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, newsanchor26 said:

New CBS Evening News graphics will debut on Monday, August 29. The look will be in line with the new CBS deconstructed eye look that has been rolling out.

My friend Cirren Jones will upload the Newscast to his YouTube Channel when it debuts. I will post it here. 

• Like 1

CBSEN will fail forever opposite the other two, they really should move the newscast earlier to 5:30 or even 4:30.  They should also consider adopting a more tabloid "Inside Edition" format in contrast to the other traditional newscast.  If it bleeds, it leads.  Worked wonders on the local level with Miami's WSVN.  

If all that fails just make it a 10-15 minute insert that can be placed into the local news blocks whenever and call it a day.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

Is anyone else sad that the old graphics are now gone. It is also fitting that the the final time these graphics are shown. Major Garrett is anchoring instead of Norah. Speaks to the true downfall of the CBS Evening News for the last several years.

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-02-34.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-37.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-42.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-45.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-04-44.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-17-32.png

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Confused 7

24 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Is anyone else sad that the old graphics are now gone. It is also fitting that the the final time these graphics are shown. Major Garrett is anchoring instead of Norah. Speaks to the true downfall of the CBS Evening News for the last several years.

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-02-34.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-37.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-42.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-03-45.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-04-44.png

test Screenshot 2022-08-26 19-17-32.png

What do you mean? She has to be there the last day the graphics are in use? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Main anchors not showing up for the final newscast of a graphics package being part of the downfall of a long-running network evening news program is certainly a new one.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, kshow said:

What do you mean? She has to be there the last day the graphics are in use? 

It would have been nice to see Norah on the last day of the package. As people have said many times on this fourm, Norah is the reason why the CBS Evening News is in last place, (and more then normal) I don't remember the ratings ever being this bad for Katie Couric, Scott Pelley, Dan Rather, Anthony Mason, Jeff Glor, or anyone else . 

However, I actually enjoy when Major Garrett is on so that was nice to see. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

FOR THE RECORD...

'World News' returned to 'World News Tonight' BETWEEN permanent anchors. Sawyer retired from 'World News' on a Friday, the weekend shows maintained status quo, it had a generic 'World News Tonight' open on Labor Day Monday, and he debuted on Tuesday, with his name on the program.

Anyway...

• Like 3