CBS Evening News

24994J

16 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I guess it won't be just the O&Os anymore. The first non-O&O right here.

I'm thinking more it's because it's Easter weekend and they want to give what few who are working/in-house at the O&Os a break.

A bit late to the party, but I just caught the start of the weekend news from KHOU and almost came out of my chair in shock.

That's simply awesome. I wonder how they're able to produce/direct the national and local news at the same time? I assume they must have two separate control rooms since the big move?

If we throw KPIX into the mix, I’d like to nominate Veronica De La Cruz If she wasn’t on leave, she would be good for representing KPIX since she’s done network level anchoring Early Today on NBC before going to KPIX.

Second choice, I’d go with Allen Martin since he’s a good newsreader and to the point.

Ken Bastida, don’t get me wrong, he is good too.

19 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I guess it won't be just the O&Os anymore. The first non-O&O right here.

maybe it's me but boy did this pandemic forced CBS out of their hand to be 'creative', for now it's due to different circumstances, but this is showcasing local talent thru the ranking (remember where national news talent get their start, LOCAL) maybe this is the path way forward for weekends once the pandemic ends. You can also make the case even if it's one time thing, it could be their audition tape in case either they have plans to take the next step or scouts could be ones searching for them in terms of potential offers.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:31 PM, Georgie56 said:

KHOU is the next station to produce the CBS Weekend News.

I like the nod that Mia did to Scott Pelley with the "For all of us at CBS News in Texas and around the World"

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Somebody didn't check with their editior or somebody didn't know that the W/K originates along the Mississippi River 

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

Somebody didn't check with their editior or somebody didn't know that the W/K originates along the Mississippi River 

I'm convinced Broadcasting & Cable doesn't have any editors. They have way too many factual/spelling/grammatical errors to have editors checking stories before they're posted.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm a little puzzled on why they're not letting KDKA, arguably their strongest station in the O&O portfolio right now, or even WJZ a shot at this.

For that matter, what's preventing them from doing the weekend news out of DC? Particularly on Sundays as Face the Nation still comes out of that studio?

Edited by TSSZNews
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

Yeah I'm a little puzzled on why they're not letting KDKA, arguably their strongest station in the O&O portfolio right now, or even WJZ a shot at this.

They should get a chance. I don't know if they will, but they should. 

KPIX has been handling the National stream of CBSN for the last several weeks. One of the reporters announced on their Instagram that next week they will go back locally to CBSN Bay Area.

Not sure if CBS is getting back to normal or if another O&O will be taking over the National Stream.

Edited by SFTV

On 4/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, justin2kx said:

maybe it's me but boy did this pandemic forced CBS out of their hand to be 'creative', for now it's due to different circumstances, but this is showcasing local talent thru the ranking (remember where national news talent get their start, LOCAL) maybe this is the path way forward for weekends once the pandemic ends. You can also make the case even if it's one time thing, it could be their audition tape in case either they have plans to take the next step or scouts could be ones searching for them in terms of potential offers.

They should maybe let one of their smallest affiliates give it a try? I'd be curious to see it out of, say, KXGN.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:34 AM, mrschimpf said:

Diverting from the main topic right now, I'm just noticing now that a replay of CBSEN has replaced the CBS Morning News on the schedule for the next two weeks. Whatever is going on at the Broadcast Center, it must be dire enough that the reopening is now being thought of in weeks (or months) rather than days.

It might be precautionary to limit the exposure at the main Broadcast Center, since NYC is the epicenter of the outbreak.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tjt24 said:

I'd like that too, but I doubt it will be him anchoring. If I had to guess, it would be either Ken Rice, Susan Koeppen or both. 

I could see Ken Rice or Susan Koeppen for sure. Stacy has rarely been on air in the last month. It has been mostly Kristine Sorenson, Ken Rice, or Susan Koeppen. Remember, Susan was on The Early Show in 2004 and 2005. 

• Like 1