CBS Evening News

24994J

• 3 weeks later...

Going to post this here since I saw it come up in the shoutbox:

My sources have informed me that the move is permanent. There was something about CBSN taking over the studio space in the newsroom but that didn't sound like it was confirmed yet.

• Like 5

My sources have informed me that the move is permanent. There was something about CBSN taking over the studio space in the newsroom but that didn't sound like it was confirmed yet.

Wow. It makes sense why the did some minor upgrades to studio 57. They redid the floor and a new video wall.

I like it for CBS-TM, but it doesn't feel right for the Evening News, nor do I particularly care for it during special reports.

One issue is that the sets a bit too bright compared to the other newscasts and their old set. I think it may give off a slightly lighter vibe.

One issue is that the sets a bit too bright compared to the other newscasts and their old set. I think it may give off a slightly lighter vibe.

I agree with this. 57 is a great studio and the Evening News does do a nice job utilizing the various video elements there but I still get that temporary solution feel.

• Like 2

Can't EN relocate to another studio?

Hello. I, too, wish the CBS Evening News as well as special reports of breaking news would permanently move to a new home. Now that both are premanently originating from Studio 57, there are two possibilities: either CBS This Morning would continue to originate from Studio 57 or it would move to its new home.

According to twitter, you are right!!!

Article mentioned Norah O'Donnell. I also read elsewhere that Jeff Glor is a possibility, and would bring a younger image (just as David Muir did at ABC) to the program.

I personally thought that Scott was always a bad fit for the program. As the article stated, he is too slow placed and always came across to me as boring as hell.

I also felt that John Dickerson was not the best choice for Face the Nation either.

CBS This Morning is one of few bright spots for the network and I feel they'd be dumb to mess with that team and the momentum they have going. I also like Jane Pauley on Sunday Morning, so that's another bright spot.

• Like 4

How about..... Megyn Kelly?? Not likely but not impossible

How about ditching the entire

anchorman concept all together in favor of a "presenter" type of presentation.

That will save about 10mil or more a year right off the top....and millions more in the following years.

Rotating "News Readers" ...just like Europe.

• Like 4