MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

MSNBC is launching a temporary newscast "White House Reports" at 11AM next week Mon - Fri, anchored by the Saturday Today anchors. It's featuring the regular MSNBC Reports graphics... Probably used as a temporary fill-in show to cover Craig Melvin's long break after his duties at the Winter Olympics.

image.thumb.png.d785f4a3ffa140beb0d4d286ab1d5a01.png

Edited by ref1997

I always felt this should be a show on MSNBC live from the white house. Hallie Jackson did this a couple of times. It would be a great show to replace Craig Melvin's hour so he can just work on TODAY and other reporting work 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I always felt this should be a show on MSNBC live from the white house. Hallie Jackson did this a couple of times. It would be a great show to replace Craig Melvin's hour so he can just work on TODAY and other reporting work 

I agree he should be on Today not MSNBC. Ali Velshi fill-ins and does weekends, but he should have his own weekday show.

What’s interesting about this “temporary” show is Craig returns tomorrow, so he’ll be on Today but not his own show. As for Ali Velshi, I believe he teaches in Philadelphia, I’ve always wondered why they make him travel to NYC for his show (or breaking coverage) when they could literally use 4 different studios at the Comcast Technology Center, if he wants to use 30 Rock fine, but if needed he could certainly use CTC. 

Craig used to be viewed as the heir-apparent to Today when Hoda or Savannah leaves but now it seems they’d rather have Tom Llamas or Jacob Soboroff take that role.

I kinda like the idea of having a 1 hour newscast live from the White House anchored by the two chief WH correspondent... will be awesome if they have a more permanent setup~ Sadly they have Saturday Today duties so it can't be a long term thing...
image.thumb.png.611b57cce8366c29ca17e46be7ebfd6e.png

image.thumb.png.c2ab6771258d059806224c7015858f89.png

Edited by ref1997

The 11th Hour with Stephanie Rhule premiers tonight instead of Wednesday. As of now she will anchor special coverage of the SOTU & Primary coverage beginning at midnight eastern on Tuesday then back to normal on Wednesday night. 

3001C6C4-1053-4850-8345-005D4E795FEB.jpeg

Edited by jrogo

On 2/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, ref1997 said:

I kinda like the idea of having a 1 hour newscast live from the White House anchored by the two chief WH correspondent... will be awesome if they have a more permanent setup~ Sadly they have Saturday Today duties so it can't be a long term thing...
image.thumb.png.611b57cce8366c29ca17e46be7ebfd6e.png

image.thumb.png.c2ab6771258d059806224c7015858f89.png

is this continuing?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, geojustiniano said:

Craig Melvin hosted his last MSNBC Reports show today. 

Actually that was yesterday, 3/31.  Today Joe Fryer was the host.  Melvin announced rotating anchors until a permanent anchor is selected.

3 hours ago, NowBergen said:

Actually that was yesterday, 3/31.  Today Joe Fryer was the host.  Melvin announced rotating anchors until a permanent anchor is selected.

Give it to Kristen and or Peter and having the show based out of D.C. seems to be the easiest transition. 

But who knows with the Jen Psaki news today she maybe the eventual replacement for Craig. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rachel is finally coming back after two months!

Before hiatus (January): 2.1m viewers

After hiatus (March):  1.8m viewers

1/7 of viewers gone despite the war in Ukraine. Could she court them back in time for her successor to get off to a strong start? With MSNBC ratings in the gutter like Biden’s approval?

Best of luck to her…