MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

Seems like MSNBC is cutting back programming on weekend mornings... According to TVPassport and MSNBC.com/schedule, starting from this Saturday (December 4th), the 6AM live hour will be replaced by a repeat of "Zerlina" from The Choice Peacock channel. The 7AM hour is also renamed "MSNBC Reports" rather then "Reiser and Gibson Report" so maybe they have stepped down from their duties. This arrangement occurs for the following week's schedule too so I think it's not something temporary...

16 hours ago, ref1997 said:

Seems like MSNBC is cutting back programming on weekend mornings... According to TVPassport and MSNBC.com/schedule, starting from this Saturday (December 4th), the 6AM live hour will be replaced by a repeat of "Zerlina" from The Choice Peacock channel. The 7AM hour is also renamed "MSNBC Reports" rather then "Reiser and Gibson Report" so maybe they have stepped down from their duties. This arrangement occurs for the following week's schedule too so I think it's not something temporary...

Just noticed this. Lindsey Riser was filling in this afternoon and said "I'll see you again tomorrow morning at 7am" so she's still there, but I'm not sure about Kendis Gibson, they've really under utilized him since he joined MSNBC. 

Side note: Lindsey Riser is 26 weeks pregnant, I wonder who will be filling in for her? Hopefully she can continue to come into 30 Rock with increasing COVID risks. 

Where is Kendis Gibson??  Not on air since 11/21.  Barely on social media (No Kendis, No George, No Tito). Gibson & Reiser Reports gone. Lindsey doing split-shift solo - no mention of Kendis. What Gives MSNBC??  Anything else you need to tell us - Is Kendis following Kasey, Rachel and Brian?  If this is a trend - Is it worse for a network to publicly fire their anchor or for another to have their team running for the life boats?

On 12/2/2021 at 11:52 PM, LVForward said:

If I heard him correctly...Brian Williams just said he will take his leave one week from tonight.

As everyone tries desperately to get their farewell messages in on-air right now - I finally looked back at last Thursday's 11th Hour transcript - Yes, MSNBC does post them - and Brian's last day is THIS Thursday night.

Transcript: The 11th Hour with Brian Williams, 12/2 -

WILLIAMS: Thank you, my friend. Thank you, my friends. I will be taking my leave a week from tonight. This has always been about gentlemen like you, it`s always been about having smart people on this broadcast. So a dumb guy can sit here and return your toast. Thank you. We`ll be talking along the way, Baratunde Thurston, Bill Kristol.

• Sad 1

Day 16 of "KendisWatch" - Where has he gone?

2 Days left until Brian bids us adieu - Where will he go?  Who will replace him?

That is our update for this Tuesday night with our thanks, of course, for being here with us.

On behalf of all our colleagues of the networks of NBC News, good night!

Brian Williams on his 2nd to last night, announced he has a new podcast called “We Interrupt This Broadcast”. Brian will take a look back at major stories that tested the news industry and how those who broke the news guided the nation, episodes include events such as DDay, 9/11, Princess Diana’s Death, Columbine School Shooting and more. Season 1 AND 2 are available now. Congrats to Brian on his new venture! 

C77F9C55-8C88-44BE-BAC4-1FBA4DA258E1.jpeg

• Like 2

“I’ll show myself out, until we meet again, that is our broadcast for this Thursday. Thank you for being here with us, and for all my colleagues at the Networks of NBC News, Goodnight.” -BW.

I am sad, I will miss seeing Brian every night. Growing up I never missed Nightly, Brian was my hero and why I got into news. I’m excited to see what his next adventure is, Brian certainly proved that any kid can make it to that anchor desk. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, jrogo said:

“I’ll show myself out, until we meet again, that is our broadcast for this Thursday. Thank you for being here with us, and for all my colleagues at the Networks of NBC News, Goodnight.” -BW.

We will see BW again... Coming soon in 2022... "The CBS Evening News with Brian Williams".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Classy yet emotional sign off by Brian Williams... Words can't describe how I feel as he signs off the network for the last time, with the election theme and NYC skyline shot fading in.

I don't know how to describe it but there's just something that fascinates me with BriWi's ending sequence "On behalf of all my colleagues at the networks of NBC News, goodnight" accompanied by the election closing theme every weeknight and I'm gonna miss it so much (maybe Brian's style is just so breathtakingly verbose and it just blends in so well with the election closing theme every night). 

I wish whoever that take over his position as chief anchor will continue to carry on his narrative and verbose style of anchoring. 

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Already seems like the “chief Anchor” type role at MSNBC will be split type role. Rachel Maddie for election type nights with Nicolle Wallace thrown in. General news type events such as Bob Dole funeral type events Jose Diaz-Balart. 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, nickp said:

Could Brian Williams pull CBS out of third place & go up against Lester?

I would like this. Sounding like a broken record but, CBS has tried a number of things to help itself in the evening and morning only to remain in last place.

If Bri Wi were to go to the eye network I think that'd have to be coupled with some sort of formatting change. Perhaps increased international hard news aside from COVID, and calming the overuse of "breaking news". All three evening (and morning) national newscasts seem to cover the same thing so differentiation *MIGHT* help CBSEN. Otherwise he'd just be another face trying the same thing.

Even if CBSEN still remains in third, Williams with his grand narrative style and commanding presence would be a more stable presence than Norah and the revolving door of other lead anchors since Schiffer's departure.

As much as like Lester, I do think the pacing, and anchor delivery of NNN were better under Bri Wi.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

I wish Shep Smith move his show to MSNBC and take over BW's time slot.

1 hour ago, newscopter7 said:

It’s time to bring Shep over from

CNBC and take on the 11th Hour 

I’m guessing MSNBC would put him where Lawrence or Rachel are, one thing to consider is time slot, 11PM ET/10 PM CT is local news for the networks, putting Shep on before that would help with viewership IMO. Either way he’d be great for MSNBC and give their news coverage some serious credibility. 

I’m happy to see Chris Jansing anchoring tonight, makes sense why they kept her in NYC and didn’t send her to Kentucky for coverage. 

Edited by jrogo
  • Like 2

Unlikely for Shep to take that slot.  Most people at that stage of their career don't want to be working until midnight.  Though on a smaller network, he's got a nice early primetime slot.  

I'm sure it wasn't Brian Williams' first choice to anchor an 11 p.m. show either, but that was the opportunity he was given to rehabilitate his career.

• Like 4

Stephanie Rhule anchoring The 11th Hour tonight. 

I finally decided who my first choice would be to take over The 11th Hour if I was running MSNBC, Kate Snow, she has a similar style, let’s guests tell the story, mellow presence and would do a damn good job. They could have her do Monday-Thursday so she could keep doing Nightly on Sundays. Just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, LVForward said:

Tuned in late - Where is MTP Daily? 

I’ve noticed that too, Garrett Hake does a great job hosting the hour, hopefully MTP Daily’s time is coming to an end. 

10 hours ago, LVForward said:

Tuned in late - Where is MTP Daily? 

It airs at 1PM EST.

47 minutes ago, jrogo said:

Stephanie Rhule anchoring The 11th Hour tonight. 

I finally decided who my first choice would be to take over The 11th Hour if I was running MSNBC, Kate Snow, she has a similar style, let’s guests tell the story, mellow presence and would do a damn good job. They could have her do Monday-Thursday so she could keep doing Nightly on Sundays. Just my opinion. 

I’ve noticed that too, Garrett Hake does a great job hosting the hour, hopefully MTP Daily’s time is coming to an end. 

You think Charles David Todd MTP Daily going to get the axe? Garrett Hake is a good reporter. Kate Snow that a good choice. There a lot of good people on the bench waiting to get a chance.

So what’s going on with MSNBC programing tonight? No Ayman, are they limiting broadcasts from 30 Rock again with COVID outbreaks in the building? 

SNL had huge changes announced today, it wouldn’t surprise me if The Tonight Show went back to no audience and if Today limited the Plazza to less people while still requiring proof of vaccination. 

• Like 1