MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

Johnny dollar has a link from mediabistro about MSNBC hiring a executive producer for a new weekend morning show. Good bye Dara Brown and Alex Witt early morning shifts before AM JOY.

• Like 1

Johnny dollar has a link from mediabistro about MSNBC hiring a executive producer for a new weekend morning show. Good bye Dara Brown and Alex Witt early morning shifts before AM JOY.

Unless its AM Joy that's the one that's being replaced.

It was Hugh Hewitt’s 30 minute show that got canned. Apparently no one noticed until now.

Hewitt is deep policy wonk...way too deep for most audiences... of BOTH parties.

I don't understand why MSNBC even bothers with any type of conservative programming unless they have a guilty conscious.

Ok here is a funny joke for you and the toons...

Q: How can you tell it's a holiday on FOX News Channel???

A: Juan Williams is guest hosting every show.

(cue chuckles)

(rimshot)

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
More weekend changes. Al Sharpton is getting another show on Saturday and Sundays and David Gura is getting a panel show airing Saturday and Sunday mornings.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-to-shuffle-weekend-lineup-al-sharpton-getting-new-hour-david-gura-debuting-panel-show/

So far Gura hasn’t been political but I’m curious if he’ll show his opinion.

Edited: since I updated to iOS 12 my keyboard has been autocorrecting and changing things like crazy.

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, USNewsie said:

Kendis Gibson joins MSNBC as weekend afternoon anchor 2-4 pm. His first day is January 19th.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/former-abc-newser-kendis-gibson-to-join-msnbc-anchor-msnbc-live-on-weekends/390038

Good move. I am concerned about what will happen to Richard Lui, Yasmin Vossoughian and Ayman Mohyeldin. It is my hope they will get hours later in the evening rather than getting moved. Especially Richard who previously held that 2-4pm slot. He's a longtime MSNBC anchor who has always worked the weekends, and has something of a following with loyal viewers. 

35 minutes ago, newsanchor26 said:

Good move. I am concerned about what will happen to Richard Lui, Yasmin Vossoughian and Ayman Mohyeldin. It is my hope they will get hours later in the evening rather than getting moved. Especially Richard who previously held that 2-4pm slot. He's a longtime MSNBC anchor who has always worked the weekends, and has something of a following with loyal viewers. 

First - LOVE Kendis.  Hopefully they will utilize him more across the entire MSNBC/NBC News/Today spectrum.  As for Yasmin and Ayman - let's not forget their main gig is on Morning Joe: First Look daily. 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, USNewsie said:

Kendis Gibson joins MSNBC as weekend afternoon anchor (2-4 pm.

Congrats to him. I liked him a lot as World News Now and America This Morning co-anchor and this to me is a big promotion to a much more desirable position and timeslot. Great pickup by MSNBC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 12:04 AM, Drew said:

I wonder when the new MSNBC weekend lineup is coming: they have hired 3 new anchors for it already. They also have Kendis Gibson and Alex Witt

I imagine it will be later in the evening. They already rerun Richard Lui’s 4pm at 6pm. 

In the new year Ali Velshi will be leaving daysides and will be hosting his own show from 8-10am on weekends, replacing UP and David Gura will host MSNBC Live from 2-4pm.  It’s up in the air who will take Velshi’s 3pm weekday slot but sounds like Stephanie Ruhle will be staying at 9 and 1pm. 

Also didn’t know Velshi taught at Wharton....

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/msnbc-ali-velshi-weekend-schedule-1203449474/

Additionally Alicia Menendez will anchor MSNBC Live at 4pm Saturdays and 6PM (bumping a rerun of Meet The Press) Sunday’s. 

Would like to know where the Phoenix anchor and Kendis Gibson will fit. 

I have a feeling Johnson will take weekdays at 3pm. 

I heard MSNBC Live might be expanding more into primetime on Saturday’s. 

I wonder if they will shake up weekday daytime and put Stephanie in for 2 straight hours and move everyone around. I’m surprised Craig Melvin is still doing MSNBC  after his role grew on Today. 

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

I have a feeling Johnson will take weekdays at 3pm. 

I heard MSNBC Live might be expanding more into primetime on Saturday’s. 

I wonder if they will shake up weekday daytime and put Stephanie in for 2 straight hours and move everyone around. I’m surprised Craig Melvin is still doing MSNBC  after his role grew on Today. 

I think Craig Melvin should leave MSNBC and devote his duties to the Today show.  Craig Melvin is not a political reporter and since there is an election coming they need to devote their energy to filling in as many political reporters on these daytime hours. 

They should give the 11 AM slot to Morgan Radford or Kristen Welker to build up more of their younger correspondents. 

Stephanie Ruhle may likely keep 9 AM or she will be moved to two hours in the afternoon. 

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

In the new year Ali Velshi will be leaving daysides and will be hosting his own show from 8-10am on weekends, replacing UP and David Gura will host MSNBC Live from 2-4pm.  It’s up in the air who will take Velshi’s 3pm weekday slot but sounds like Stephanie Ruhle will be staying at 9 and 1pm. 

Additionally Alicia Menendez will anchor MSNBC Live at 4pm Saturdays and 6PM (bumping a rerun of Meet The Press) Sunday’s. 

Velshi lives in Philadelphia cause his wife has a business there but he commutes between NYC and Philly. They are trying to figure out the new co-host with Stephanie Ruhle. I wonder how that is going to work out cause when Velshi and Ruhle first got started their main objective was to focus on business/finance topics. They have skwed further away from those topics and have become polticial advocates on the show. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:04 AM, Drew said:

I wonder when the new MSNBC weekend lineup is coming: they have hired 3 new anchors for it already. They also have Kendis Gibson and Alex Witt

Something tells me that they will shift Kendis Gibson and Alex Witt around.  If they schedule this correctly or both anchors could lose out.

Alex Witt may still keep her 12 noon to 2 slot on the Weekends

Shift Kendis over to weekdays 3-5 with Steph Ruhle.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, rkolsen said:

Is her dad: Senator Robert Menendez?

• 3 weeks later...

More MSNBC news: TV Newscheck and the New York Post are reporting that Chuck Todd could lose his 5PM slot to Nicole Wallace since her show-Deadline White House catches more of the 25-54 demographic and which peaked at 2 Million viewers in 2019. Although Chuck has the #1 Sunday political show peaking at 3 Million viewers I don't suspect that Chuck would like the 9AM slot for MTP Daily during the week.

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/02/chuck-todds-meet-the-press-daily-facing-axe-to-make-room-for-nicolle-wallace/?_ga=2.122079887.544412441.1578056049-870457080.1525776785

Stephanie Ruhle now NBC Senior Business Correspondent per this article from AdWeek:

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/msnbcs-stephanie-ruhle-has-been-named-nbc-news-senior-business-correspondent/425546/

Her 9AM slot is about to be open. Interestingly, I would like to see which show or anchors they will shuffle for MSNBC live.