MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

Has Brian Williams anchor news coverage outside of his show lately? I didn't notice him on Thursday afternoon during the breaking news in Spain.

I think due to his regular program he only seems to anchor breaking news that is really big or breaking news that is already planned such as congressional hearings or speeches, etc.

• Like 1

I like the show. I dislike Brian Williams. I'd much prefer someone like Katy Tur.

Eh not sure which I'd prefer, Brian Williams taking forever to make a point or Katy Tur fumbling over every other word. Love them both, but can't stand a full hour of either.

Katy Tur seems like a nice girl to hang out with. I'm sure she hangs out with Kassie Hunt and Hallie Jackson, but the difference between those gals is Katy, can't read a teleprompter, but she's a good reporter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MSNBC really has done a superb job with Irma coverage. Considering how limited they usually are with "live" programming on the weekends, they really did pull together a stellar crew of name-brand journalists during all hours of the day and even overnight. KUDOS to all involved, especially those in harm's way!! A stellar news performance - truly showcasing the "news" side not just the "opinion" side of this much-improved cable news network.

MSNBC really has done a superb job with Irma coverage. Considering how limited they usually are with "live" programming on the weekends, they really did pull together a stellar crew of name-brand journalists during all hours of the day and even overnight. KUDOS to all involved, especially those in harm's way!! A stellar news performance - truly showcasing the "news" side not just the "opinion" side of this much-improved cable news network.

Very much agreed on this front. Out of the three main cablers, MSNBC had far and away the best coverage... and I'm not just saying that. Most of the coverage was handled by Ali Velshi and Brian Williams, who I think did something like 19 hours of coverage between the two of them over the course of two days. Bill Karins was commendable as always.

One part I did like was the placement of Chris Hayes in Florida, who on non-political stories, has the kind of journalistic altruism that a lot of people look for. The addition of Sam Champion from Miami was also a nice touch.

On tvnewser they are announcing a Sunday 5pm show with Amman and a possible Kasie hunt show directly afterwards. What happened to Thomas Roberts 6p-9p weekend show? Wasn’t that supposed to launch in the summer?

That was pretty entertaining. I understand the frustration to a degree but that was pretty ruthless. Looks like his staff was used to it, not even flitching every time he yelled. [MEDIA=twitter]910646063522041856[/MEDIA]

Everybody has their bad days and hopefully it's not a habit. But imagine if someone other than the host did this they'd be fired.

This comes on the day I just rewatched the three week highlight reel of Laura Ingrahams tenure hosting Just In.

Also, it sounded like he was complaining that a guests video was put into the prompter. Is this a normal thing the networks do? I assume the reason is so during split screens the presenters looking straight into the camera.

That was pretty entertaining. I understand the frustration to a degree but that was pretty ruthless. Looks like his staff was used to it, not even flitching every time he yelled. [MEDIA=twitter]910646063522041856[/MEDIA]

What a potty mouth.

They should wash his mouth out with Rinso brand soap.

7033609.jpeg.8ff926d02938825bb89f2ea71c64bcf6.jpeg

• Like 4

Had he not acknowledged this as fact (the truth), I would have thought it was completely fake (particularly the part about the hammering). As strange as this sounds, at least Bill was more passionate and sincere in his blowup. Lawrence didn't seem believable at all.

• Like 1

Had he not acknowledged this as fact (the truth), I would have thought it was completely fake (particularly the part about the hammering). As strange as this sounds, at least Bill was more passionate and sincere in his blowup. Lawrence didn't seem believable at all.

Now everyone is talking about who leaked the video...

That's all fine and good...but anyone with even a passing knowledge of the NBC routers at 30rock know that that isolated camera feed could have been accessed and recorded from maybe 100 or more work stations in the building ...via the in-house routing switchers.

Heck it can even be accessed and recorded off-site like at the NBC field shop....and via IP.

Besides....what "high level" NBC management type even knows how to work the switchers...and even then...the union hacks would have a fit if they saw management on that equipment.

So I say you have maybe 2000+ possible suspects at NBC....

Good luck finding the "leaker".

STOP HAMMERING:smash:

• Like 4

Laurence might as well have done this as a meta-joke aimed at skinflint Laura Ingraham.

And guess what? It worked! He's getting the easy publicity.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally announced new Sunday nights today and it’s effective this Sunday. No more Thomas Roberts in the evenings.

4pm MSNBC Live with Yasmin Vossughian

5pm MSNBC Live with Ayman Mohyeldin

6pm Meet The Press Repeat

7p-9p KASIE DC

Yasmin & Ayman will still anchor Morning Joe First Look

• Like 2