MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

Because of the Chris Matthews controversy with Kathleen Matthews, if Chris leaves or is forced to resign from MSNBC, would "The News with Brian Williams" return on weeknights? This time at 7:00pm and not in its original 8:00pm time slot?

Just wanted to point out there was an interesting tidbit buried at the end of a NY post article about msnbc executives....

http://nypost.com/2016/03/15/msnbc-shuffling-execs-in-another-bid-to-fix-lousy-ratings/

At the end it says how msnbc made an offer to Keith Olbermann back I December but he turned it down because the money wasn't enough and they are still trying to work something out...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the current lineup of anchors for dayside and weekend dayside? Is Chris Jansing anchoring set hours again along with being the Senior White House Correspondent?

I think Chris Jansing was just set up to anchor because of what was going on in Belgium last week.

On Tuesday the dayside anchors were Steve Kornacki @ 9 AM, Jose Diaz-Balart @ 10 AM, Tamron Hall @ 11 AM, Andrea Mitchell @ 12 PM, Craig Melvin @ 1 PM, Thomas Roberts @ 2 PM, Kate Snow @ 3PM and finally Erica Hill at 4 PM. Before last week when coverage was preempted due to broadcasts from Brussels the line up was similar - I believe they had Steve Kornacki do an afternoon shift along with Ari Melber at 3 or 4 PM.

• Like 3

I think Chris Jansing was just set up to anchor because of what was going on in Belgium last week.

On Tuesday the dayside anchors were Steve Kornacki @ 9 AM, Jose Diaz-Balart @ 10 AM, Tamron Hall @ 11 AM, Andrea Mitchell @ 12 PM, Craig Melvin @ 1 PM, Thomas Roberts @ 2 PM, Kate Snow @ 3PM and finally Erica Hill at 4 PM. Before last week when coverage was preempted due to broadcasts from Brussels the line up was similar - I believe they had Steve Kornacki do an afternoon shift along with Ari Melber at 3 or 4 PM.

Keith Olbermann he wants to be back at MSNBC so bad he can taste it. Move Chris Matthews at 6pm followed by Chris Hayes at 7PM and Olbermann right at 8PM, Maddow and Lawrence. Halperin & Heiliemann should just stick with being on Morning Joe.

• Like 1

Chuck and Savannah hosted the 9AM on Tuesday and Wednesday from NY. They came from a desk that I didn't recognize and the main desk was already in place.

They anchor from 9-11am on days of major Primaries or Caucuses. They did on the day of the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire Primary. This was the first time I saw them on a set though and not field anchoring. Also the 'main desk' you speak of is no longer the main desk. That desk is now only used for Morning Joe and The Rachel Maddow Show. The desk you saw Chuck and Savannah at is now the main desk which is used by all other programs including MSNBC Live.

• Like 2

They anchor from 9-11am on days of major Primaries or Caucuses. They did on the day of the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire Primary. This was the first time I saw them on a set though and not field anchoring. Also the 'main desk' you speak of is no longer the main desk. That desk is now only used for Morning Joe and The Rachel Maddow Show. The desk you saw Chuck and Savannah at is now the main desk which is used by all other programs including MSNBC Live.

I finally saw the desk where the anchor has the back to the newsroom and it looks awkward and done on the cheap. Theres room for two anchors and on each side where the anchors there's this bulge for guests. If I had to characterize it I would describe it like the side of the wrench where the flat part closest to the handle holds the anchor and connected to that is where the guest will go.

MSNBC did have a new show today at 4PM - not sure if it was a special but it was branded Road Warriors with their embeds Kristin Welker, Katy Tur, Hallie Jackson and Kasie Hunt were joined by Steve Kornacki at a park with a dramatic view of the Brooklyn Bridge. It was an interesting discussion and could see this becoming s regular thing.

• 2 weeks later...

David Shuster who was indefinitely suspended from MSNBC in April 2010* for taping pilot episodes for CNN appeared for a block on Morning Joe today. I believe he was solely brought on because she he's a native of Indianna to discuss legendary basketball coach Bob Knight's endorsement of Donald Trump. I wonder if MSNBC and Shuster are warming up again with CurrentTV / Al Jazeera America being gone. I only make this comment because there has to be tons of people they could of talked to about the endorsement but they chose to bring on an anchor who left the network in unfavorable circumstances for a fifteen minute conversation. Hell when Chris Licht (former EP/ co-creator of Morning Joe) accompaniend Gayle King and Charlie Rose as CBS This Morning EP to Late Night with Seth Meyers he was placed on a list of names that require Phil Griffins permission to get into 30 Rock.

*I don't know when he officially left the network but he started subbing in for Keith Olberman for Countdown at CurrentTV in June 2011.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Stephanie Ruhle just said on Today she'll be anchoring on MSNBC during the 9 am hour starting tomorrow. So I guess Morning Joe will be from 6-8.

What's the fixed schedule like these days?

Steve Kornacki at 9, JDB @ 10, Tamron at 11, Andrea @ 12, Craig Melvin has been doing 1 several days a week, Thomas Roberts @ 2, Kate Snow @ 3 and Steve Kornacki usually has been doing the 4pm as well.

• Like 1

Stephanie Ruhle just said on Today she'll be anchoring on MSNBC during the 9 am hour starting tomorrow. So I guess Morning Joe will be from 6-8.

Why would Morning Joe be from 6-8? How does Stephanie anchoring at 9 affect Morning Joe's usual 6-9am slot?

I think you just goofed up the MJ timeslot.

Why would Morning Joe be from 6-8? How does Stephanie anchoring at 9 affect Morning Joe's usual 6-9am slot?

I think he just goofed up the MJ timeslot.

Mediaite wrote an article saying JJ Ramberg is the longest running female anchor on MSNBC for ten years and the second longest anchor after Chris Matthews. JJ Ramberg hosts Your Business which is a sponsored show by American Express and airs at 7:30 Sunday mornings. I wonder how long the show would last on air if it wasn't sponsored by AmEx and what kind of ratings it brings in.

JJ Ramberg is rarely used for anything else on MSNBC except for once in a blue moon appearance on Morning Joe. She's very knowledgable and runs a website with her brother called GoodShop.com which is a search engine for shopping where 50% of their revenues go to charities.

Watching Stephanie Ruhle as this is her first week anchoring MSNBC Live at 9AM and today's episode was good. I was wondering how she'd be as she been a bit reserved during the first few weeks on Weekend Today. She's certainly got quite a personality and I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
Watching Stephanie Ruhle as this is her first week anchoring MSNBC Live at 9AM and today's episode was good. I was wondering how she'd be as she been a bit reserved during the first few weeks on Weekend Today. She's certainly got quite a personality and I like it.

I have high hopes for Steph and hopefully she can be a catatlyst in turning MSNBC around and they will more like a Bloomberg network then a wannabe Fox News network. I wonder though, how will she fit in on Weekend Today cause I can't see Shenielle leaving unless they promote her to the third hour of revamped Today show once Billy Bush signs on.

Brian Williams on MSNBC this evening covering the Dallas protest shootings.

At 1:00 EDT, he also anchored the NBC News Special Report cut-in on the NBC network. (Is this the first time he's been back on NBC in a professional capacity since his hiatus?)

• Like 2

Brian Williams on MSNBC this evening covering the Dallas protest shootings.

At 1:00 EDT, he also anchored the NBC News Special Report cut-in on the NBC network. (Is this the first time he's been back on NBC in a professional capacity since his hiatus?)

No. He's been on for other special reports.

• Like 1