MSNBC Shake Up

B2r4a6n

I'd expand on that and offer up "NBC NEWS NOW." It may look like a lot in print, but takes just as long to say as msnbc. It can be called "NEWS NOW" for short.

NBC Now or NBC News Channel might work. Though there would be branding issues with calling it NBC News Now. On one hand, they probably would want to keep the NBC name in any shorthand on-air references, but on the other, using NBCNN for short might create quite a bit of viewer confusion with you know which network...

NBC Now or NBC News Channel might work. Though there would be branding issues with calling it NBC News Now. On one hand, they probably would want to keep the NBC name in any shorthand on-air references, but on the other, using NBCNN for short might create some viewer confusion with you know which network...

Or they can go another route and call themselves NBC Nonstop (like the subchannels the NBC O&Os once had).

How about taking a page from FOX's book? NBC News. Short sweet and to the point. Other names are just gloss on the obvious fact that MSNBC is intricately tied to NBC News even if as I've noted before NBC dislikes MSNBC at times.

What about Universal News? You could also rebrand CNBC as Universal Business and buy the rest of The Weather Channel and call it Universal Weather.

Not a fan of this idea. That's years of brand equity you're flushing down the toilet if you make that move.

Linking this because msnbc has begun to stop using their "Lean Forward" slogan. http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/msnbc-begins-pivot-towards-live-breaking-news-coverage/268736

All I can say is, good! It was stupid to start off with. Only good it ever did was get the other networks talking and countering with their own short-lived slogans, like Fox News' "Move Forward" (which I believe was better). "Lean/Move Forward" is way too political sounding. Hard to believe they had it for nearly 5 years too. Wow. Honestly, they might be better of not having a slogan for some time.

Linking this because msnbc has begun to stop using their "Lean Forward" slogan. http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/msnbc-begins-pivot-towards-live-breaking-news-coverage/268736

All I can say is, good! It was stupid to start off with. Only good it ever did was get the other networks talking and countering with their own short-lived slogans, like Fox News' "Move Forward" (which I believe was better). "Lean/Move Forward" is way too political sounding. Hard to believe they had it for nearly 5 years too. Wow. Honestly, they might be better of not having a slogan for some time.

FOX News... We don't LEAN forward... We MOVE forward. If I remember right it was like that.

• 2 weeks later...

PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton to become a weekly Sunday morning show; final weekday airing is next Friday with the new Sunday morning PoliticsNation beginning exactly a month later on October 4. Another rolling news hour will take its place at 6pm.

Another unconfirmed rumor has The Rachel Maddow Show and All In with Chris Hayes swapping timeslots starting September 14, though again this is unconfirmed.

If Al moves to Sunday mornings what becomes of MSNBC's current weekend shows UP and MHP ?

Rumor going around is that Steve Kornacki is getting a weekday slot, so UP just might be canned in favor of Sharpie.

Latest from Mediaite's Concha:

• Kate Snow gets 3-5PM.
  • Morning Joe extended by one hour, til 10. No surprise.
  • Tamron Hall getting 10-noon.
  • Jose Diaz Balart... "odd man out."
  • Willie Geist *possibly* headed for Chris Hayes' primetime slot. Developing...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-msnbc-to-expand-morning-joe-one-more-hour-kate-snow-gets-afternoon-role/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/source-diaz-balart-to-remain-on-msnbc-weekdays-but-loses-2nd-hour-of-the-rundown/

Update from Joe Concha... Looks like Tamron anchoring from 10am-12pm is false...He is saying the schedule will now look like this...

Morning Joe 6-10am

The Rundown with Jose Diaz Balart 10-11am

NewsNation with Tamron Hall 11am-12pm...and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but are they actually considering putting you-know-who in the only known hole right up against his old program? Yes, I get that nothing's confirmed, but...

Y3AqXDC.png?2

Well, they have to find some place to stick BriWi at, as just anchoring breaking news coverage won't be enough.

Joe Concha surmised the same thing a few days ago on Mediaite.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/source-diaz-balart-to-remain-on-msnbc-weekdays-but-loses-2nd-hour-of-the-rundown/

Update from Joe Concha... Looks like Tamron anchoring from 10am-12pm is false...He is saying the schedule will now look like this...

Morning Joe 6-10am

The Rundown with Jose Diaz Balart 10-11am

NewsNation with Tamron Hall 11am-12pm...and so on.

Wouldn't it make more sense to title Chuck Todd's hour as "The (Daily) Rundown" ... and have Jose Diaz-Balart and Tamron Hall anchor "MSNBC Live"-branded news hours?

"MSNBC is expected to announce its 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. lineup soon. But Williams will not have a dedicated hour on the schedule, say network executives. Rather, he'll work on various afternoon programs as news warrants."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brian-williams-make-msnbc-debut-821727

Don't be so certain that Brian Williams gets a slot, at least not right away.