Weather Underground Coming to TV

alex979

The Weather Channel and Weather Underground, which are both owned by The Weather Company, are teaming up to produce a new show. Starting August 24, "WUTV" with Mike Bettes will air from 6 to 8 PM eastern on TWC. They hope to tap into Wunderground's community of weather enthusiasts and bloggers, and create a show that is quirky and casual, but very informative at the same time. They hope to provide deep insight into atmospheric science, through in-depth discussions and debates about severe weather, forecasts, climate change, etc, all on a new set made to look like a bar, complete with stools and lounge chairs.

Clearly, this is TWC trying to win back true weather geeks, and I think this show could be pretty interesting. Well, at least it will almost certainly be better than AMHQ.

http://www.theweathercompany.com/newsroom/2015/07/22/weather-underground-takes-over-weather-channel-weekdays-6-8-pm-et

I have AccuWeather on all my platforms, as well as The Weather Channel, The Weather Network, WeatherBug and MyRadar on my 2-in-1 laptop/tablet (Windows 8). I prefer AccuWeather and The Weather Network, though MyRadar is also very useful.

It's a shame they ruined the app with its latest incarnation by making it harder to get to a detailed forecast discussion.

What app? The Weather Channel or Weather Underground?

Archived