• Created
  • Last Reply

more pictures

[MEDIA=twitter]653768789742514177[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]653770174957531136[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]653769689525559296[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]653771097087836160[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]8wwMjCE90y[/MEDIA]

Clearly they were going for an O&O look to match the graphics.

The new set looks like it uses the spce a lot better than the previous one.

They also have a 3x3 monitor wall and a nice interview area (that hasn't been on-air yet).

Well, it's nice, but I don't think it's as extravagant as their promos were hyping it up to be. It's a simple, clean, effective look for sure, which is nice. I'm sure it'll grow on me some if I keep looking at it. Seems like a Park Place job.

Set is very nice! Well done CBS 58! However, i do think the commercials were overdone/not needed. Unless that's the CBS O&O way? To my knowledge, none of the other 3 had promos for their sets. Not even FOX 6 back in 1997 and that remodel was HUGE! I remember that night well!

I really like it. I'm more apt to watch "keep it simple" newscasts like WBAY's and this has a really good use of space, with just enough nice O&O'ish flair to keep it interesting and it's definitely a more versatile set (and with the videoscreens, certainly more easy to change than WITI's still duratrans with the changing Milwaukee skyline). It looks like WYTU/Telemundo Wisconsin is keeping the set used during the remodel for their own going by their newscast right now, though we'll see tomorrow night.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the blurred/out of focus backdrop on the homebase? I just think a nice, clean image of the skyline would make the set 10x better.

Probably to add some depth to it or something and put more attention on the anchors rather than the background. It's also easy on the eyes.

Press release, time lapse, and photos of the remodeled newsroom and new control room:

www.cbs58.com/story/30244157/cbs-58-unveils-state-of-the-art-studio

One of the reasons they hyped this so much and called it the "new CBS58" is because a lot of behind the scenes stuff is new. New control room, new studio cameras, new newsroom... There's supposedly a new studio and control room for Telemundo too which will allow them to be live on both channels at once. Weigel hasn't invested this much money in WDJT since, well, ever.

Set is very nice! Well done CBS 58! However, i do think the commercials were overdone/not needed. Unless that's the CBS O&O way? To my knowledge, none of the other 3 had promos for their sets. Not even FOX 6 back in 1997 and that remodel was HUGE! I remember that night well!

Weigel has an excellent promo department that will take any excuse to make a promo; witness any time they do a CBS Packer game or their March Madness bracket contest promos, which definitely do more than most stations in showing off. The set seems to be made to say after passing WITI and WISN's CBS run lengths that they're more committed than those two ever were.

I will say that all the hype really didn't get to me because not one set will "change everything" in local news. No set will never do that. Never.

But I will say that WDJT 58's new set has really outdone themselves and its well nicely done. It reminds me of WITI 6's set, because of where the CBS 58 and the FOX 6 Milwaukee signs are placed, but I say that CBS 58 looks better.

All this hype was for nothing but I like their set better than the rest in the market (sorry WITI 6).

9001145_G.jpg

It reminds me of the exterior of a Supermax prison. It's very clean looking with the stainless look. it almost looks like you can eat off it, or conduct wacky science experiments on the table/desktop.

It's bold...but not in a bad way, however I also wonder how long it can go before being very dated.

Boy I got sucked right into that hype.

Lot's of blue also!

Archived