Why are more people stealing videos on YouTube?

stevieboy247

I've noticed that there have been more than a couple accounts where classic videos, such as those provided by Ray Glasser, David Downs, and countless others has been stolen and re-uploaded by various accounts, which I'm thinking may belong to the same person.

One of the videos from my personal collection was uploaded by David Downs, I'm assuming he must've gotten it in a trade and I have no problem with that at all. However, someone going by the name 'Vashti Nola' stole the video and re-uploaded it. There's even a fake 'CBS Evening News' account on YouTube that's doing the same thing.

I think it's getting really annoying and pathetic if you ask me.

It's happening more and more often because first off there's fair use on clips like airchecks and secondly, YouTube's spending less time patroling these "re-upload" accounts. It's not just news airchecks. You name it, people are downloading files and re-uploading them. If they get enough critical mass, then YouTube offers them ad income, and voila... they're making money by doing next to nothing at all.

• 4 months later...
Sorry to bump this. I noticed someone else stealing videos by the name of PJ Valisno. He's stolen a good amount of my videos. Probably a good idea to get the name out there for others to check and see.

Me, too.

I'm gonna make a confession... I used to do the same thing but that was during my idiotic, stupid years as a small child. I haven't done that since (and its been 6-7 years, I'd say during my middle school years) because I'm now more grown up and more mature. I try to make sure all my videos now are 100% original.

Archived