KPNX Interesting Live Truck

n925tv

Hi everyone. I was recently in Phoenix, and noticed that one of KPNX's live trucks has an interesting "dish" attached to their mast. I notice this is an older Ford vehicle, and their news fleet is on the older side (they just purchased 2 new Frontline trucks), so is this truck the first type of microwave live trucks?

I didn't take any photos, as I was driving, but I included a Google Street View image of the same truck that I saw. Hope someone can help! Thank you!

Link: https://goo.gl/maps/ZTW4O

I dunno about that, but they couldn't find an underground garage to park all those news vans in when they moved in with the AZ Republic? That's a bit odd.

The Republic does have a parking garage in its building. However, I don't think it was designed for the high clearances required to store live trucks.

Looks like an older BMS 2ghz dish stuck in place and it won't tilt all the way "home". Not a great idea to drive with it like that but I have seen much worse. KGTV still uses one as well as KTVU and KTLA. Those dishes run circles around those other smaller ones.

BTW there are some pics of early remote trucks in the gallery. I will post more later.

Archived