WABC new logo?

Hexagonal10

They updated the short open though, but it's very inconsistent with the bug and the lower third anchor names.

Eh, it's typical. The logo shown on the intro doesn't need to exactly match the general logo.

There's a difference, but it is only in the final shot of the logo...

oldnewwabc_zpsvy4jdop0.jpg

Yes, the 7 matches the logo better, but that weird light edge around the side of the ABC looks like shit, as they likely just pasted the updated logo right over the old one.

You know what? Screw it. So no one would be tempted to screw up the gradients and logo placement, everyone should go glassy like this...

4pm202007_zpsjxkuyalr.jpg

You know what? Screw it. So no one would be tempted to screw up the gradients and logo placement, everyone should go glassy like this...

4pm202007_zpsjxkuyalr.jpg

Now the 7 looks wrinkly when it's glassy because the edges aren't all one color.... The easiest is the way they did the new app logos... Can't mess up 100% flat. It would also be very 80's which is in these days...

Neither the old or new abc logos on the comparison you posted look good either. They both look like crap. On the other hand the circle 7 part of the logo looks 10 times better now.

There's a difference, but it is only in the final shot of the logo...

oldnewwabc_zpsvy4jdop0.jpg

Yes, the 7 matches the logo better, but that weird light edge around the side of the ABC looks like shit, as they likely just pasted the updated logo right over the old one.

I think the only "change" is someone screwed with the material/texture on the 7 or the object that everything is reflecting.

Calling this a "new logo" is a bit of a stretch... It's likely just a (really minor) mistake that went unnoticed. Someone might fix it if they care enough, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think the only "change" is someone screwed with the material/texture on the 7 or the object that everything is reflecting.

Calling this a "new logo" is a bit of a stretch... It's likely just a (really minor) mistake that went unnoticed. Someone might fix it if they care enough, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Does this count as new?

Does this count as new?

No, that is using the old logo. Remember (see above), the old circle 7 is easily recognized by the sharp gradient/shadow cut right across the middle.

No, that is using the old logo. Remember (see above), the old circle 7 is easily recognized by the sharp gradient/shadow cut right across the middle.

I was saying the open, but yes. And the new voiceover script

I was saying the open, but yes. And the new voiceover script

Which was clearly posted at the WABC thread before you posted here. So rather than start the same exact conversation here, why don't you go to the other thread if you wish to discuss that.

I usually don't comment on NY news but I'll share this: FTVLive gave his take on it. He said it best. http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/6/8/la-station-unveils-game-changing-new-logo

Also this topic probably has to be one of the most absurd I've ever read on here and I didn't really notice the difference so I'm glad he basically called y'all out.

I usually don't comment on NY news but I'll share this: FTVLive gave his take on it. He said it best. http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/6/8/la-station-unveils-game-changing-new-logo

Also this topic probably has to be one of the most absurd I've ever read on here and I didn't really notice the difference so I'm glad he basically called y'all out.

Thank you. Someone had to say it.

Are we all really so desperate for WABC to get a new look that we're obsessing over something as negligible as a slightly brighter circle 7 logo? Seriously?

[ATTACH]1539.IPB[/ATTACH]

image11.thumb.jpg.11f80afba0d2d2aa0de17baa303b85be.jpg

You realize that guy is a jackass right? He adds nothing to any discussion besides drivel. He's such an important writer he took the time to call people out on a message board while writing in his mothers basement.

They brightened the logo... It's a minor change. Don't like us talking about it... Kindly don't comment on it then.

How can you not see that the top half of the circle 7 is twice as bright as it was in the comparison?

I'd add one more thing to this discussion, but I'd rather not be seen as buffoonish, imbecilic, or otherwise mentally incompetent by some of my fellow comrades on this site.

You realize that guy is a jackass right? He adds nothing to any discussion besides drivel. He's such an important writer he took the time to call people out on a message board while writing in his mothers basement.

They brightened the logo... It's a minor change. Don't like us talking about it... Kindly don't comment on it then.

How can you not see that the top half of the circle 7 is twice as bright as it was in the comparison?

Hey, like a broken clock, douchebags are right sometimes. And he is here. This discussion has gone on more than long enough. Honestly, I thought you people were above giving morons like hexagonal10 as much as the time of day.

Archived