Sinclair Launches Surprisingly Good Corporate Website

Big Country News

Oh yeah The News on 6 is #1 across the board and have a great product very polished I must say and their talent seems very top notch as well.

The same can't be said in OKC. Its a fight there between KFOR and KWTV, but KFOR is usually on top in most timeslots. What's funny to this battle is that KFOR is on at the same time that KWTV is, expect KFOR airs an hour's more worth of news on that channel, than on KWTV.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ironic how KVII has the new website layout, but KABB, WOAI, and KEYE don't.

Not necessarily when you consider that KVII had to get off the Allbritton-era site and onto the S!nclair CMS.

And the word "ironic" has been overused in the wrong context ever since Wikipedia was launched, so much so that it's pretty much meaningless nowadays.

Not necessarily when you consider that KVII had to get off the Allbritton-era site and onto the S!nclair CMS.

I think you meant Barrington instead of Albritton but you're right because all the former Barrington stations transitioned to the new Sinclair layout around the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

KTUL is using the new website layout but old graphics. They desperately need a new set.

Will KTUL get the Sinclair makeover from music/graphics/set/etc? While there doing a makeover throw the logo in for good measure. I wonder what the plan for this station? The product of their news is good, but I think the ratings are slowly holding on #2 and flirting with #3 I assume that from certain readings.

KRCG now has the new layout at krcgtv.com, along with a new logo. It reminds me a little of KSWT's.

A. The new logo is eerily similar to KOLD 13.

B. They have the SBG standardized weather package and will likely be launching the new logo and full graphics and music shortly.

I thought WSYX was the flagship.

WBFF is the flagship because it was started by Sinclair in 1971 under Chesapeake Television under Julian Sinclair Smith, which was later renamed Sinclair in 1985 as they expanded. In fact, Hunt Valley, MD is the home of the HQ of SBG, which of course is nearby WBFF.

WBFF is the flagship because it was started by Sinclair in 1971 under Chesapeake Television under Julian Sinclair Smith, which was later renamed Sinclair in 1985 as they expanded. In fact, Hunt Valley, MD is the home of the HQ of SBG, which of course is nearby WBFF.

I don't know if this is still the case, but at one time WSYX was their most profitable station revenue-wise. Sister station WTTE was one of the original stations founded under their Commercial Radio Institute name (before Sinclair was Sinclair). When Sinclair purchased River City, they spun off WTTE to Glencairn and kept WSYX while assuming control of WTTE.

I don't know if this is still the case, but at one time WSYX was their most profitable station revenue-wise. Sister station WTTE was one of the original stations founded under their Commercial Radio Institute name (before Sinclair was Sinclair). When Sinclair purchased River City, they spun off WTTE to Glencairn and kept WSYX while assuming control of WTTE.

It's still the case. WBFF has always been Sinclair's flagship.

WSYX/WTTE switched recently and people on Facebook are already unhappy about it.

Who turned your website into the same flat boring lifeless drab colorless mess as all the rest of this new garbage trend UI stuff being forced on us now? What a shame. It was a nice site too.

https://www.facebook.com/WTTEFOX28/posts_to_page

I didn't think people actually liked the old layout. I thought it was an eyesore myself.

In my opinion, WBFF should've been the first one to launch the new website format, because that's Sinclair's flagship after all.

I thought WSYX was the flagship.

And isn't WJLA going to be Sinclair's second flagship?

Why must this keep getting brought up every single time?

• 1 month later...

Not sure when they launched, but former Pappas' flaggy KMPH has a new layout, and it has a new logo.

y33D242.png

No telling if this new logo made it on the air yet. But I was wondering when they'll get the new graphics since their sisters to the south (KBAK/KBFX) already had them.

Not sure when they launched, but former Pappas' flaggy KMPH has a new layout, and it has a new logo.

y33D242.png

No telling if this new logo made it on the air yet. But I was wondering when they'll get the new graphics since their sisters to the south (KBAK/KBFX) already had them.

I checked online this morning. Not there either.

Archived