Sinclair Launches Surprisingly Good Corporate Website

Big Country News

So the WKRC version of the new site is actually a little different; the navbar is slightly different and it's got a sticky header. In my opinion, besides the fact that I still think the header could use a backdrop, it looks a bit more major-market that way.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and now WEAR has switched.

Comparing the two sites, the layouts are nearly identical, but WEAR offers FAR more local news at the top of the page, while local15tv.com offers only a mention of their recent "town hall" and an assortment of national news and other clickbait headlines. Local news is relegated to the section below. Seems ironic for a station called "Local 15" to offer such little content that is actually local.

...and now WEAR has switched.

Comparing the two sites, the layouts are nearly identical, but WEAR offers FAR more local news at the top of the page, while local15tv.com offers only a mention of their recent "town hall" and an assortment of national news and other clickbait headlines. Local news is relegated to the section below. Seems ironic for a station called "Local 15" to offer such little content that is actually local.

At least when Nexstar puts the "Local" branding on their stations, they really do mean local.

...and WLOS has switched.

Aside from WSBT, and their secondary stations, that pretty much sums up all of them....unless i'm missing one.

In other Sinclair website news....they're creating a "DC Refined" website for WJLA. Cincinnati and Seatlle already have them up and running. They're touted as "lifestyle" websites.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2016/03/02/sinclair-broadcast-group-launchesonline-lifestyle.html

...and WLOS has switched.

Aside from WSBT, and their secondary stations, that pretty much sums up all of them....unless i'm missing one.

In other Sinclair website news....they're creating a "DC Refined" website for WJLA. Cincinnati and Seatlle already have them up and running. They're touted as "lifestyle" websites.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2016/03/02/sinclair-broadcast-group-launchesonline-lifestyle.html

In Seattle, it's also a weekly show on KOMO. I imagine that either WJLA or NC8 will also make a show out of this as well, there is plenty of content to cover in a market the size of DC.

Archived