Don Imus To Leave FOX Business Next Month

Big Country News

Very good news for Fox Business... they can get someone whom the audience can actually understand to helm morning drive.

Doesn't Imus' radio deal with Cumulus Media/Westwood One (inherited from Citadel Radio/Citadel Media) run out this year?

Before y'all start celebrating, the fact is that imus and family plan to go to his ranch in Texas which,unlike his ranch in New Mexico, doesnt have a remote broadcast studio for TV, to translate :

Imus is not leaving FBN, there will be 'BEST OF IMUS' hosted by either Connell McShane . Dagen McDowell or Ashley Webster until Imus returns ..

No, he's flat out ending his show on FBN. He announced this on the show and even commented on why he's doing it.

"We go off television May 29. Why? I do not know. There’s 10 times, maybe a hundred times more people that listen to the radio than watch television. That’s the mentality of… whatever,"

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/don-imus-leaving-fox-business-network/261554

Ok, now that that the reports are true, what happens to Dagen and Connell since they are a part of Fox Biz . Imus will have to look for a new news anchor

All of the FBN staffers involved with the simulcast are staying put at the network. The onus is on Imus and Cumulus/Westwood One to hire replacements.

And given Imus' verbal berating of Fox analyst Dana Perino a few days prior, it seems like he wants to burn any and all bridges between him and Fox brass.

Well I guess we can rule out any further attempts to do a radio/tv simulcast for Imus , who I have a feeling is [my opinion only] SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYYYY hitting that proverbial riding out into the sunset

1st simulcast - MSNBC

2nd simulcast- RFD TV

3rd Simulcast- FOX BIZ

4th attempt-????????? [nah]

Well I guess we can rule out any further attempts to do a radio/tv simulcast for Imus , who I have a feeling is [my opinion only] SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYYYYY hitting that proverbial riding out into the sunset

1st simulcast - MSNBC

2nd simulcast- RFD TV

3rd Simulcast- FOX BIZ

4th attempt-????????? [nah]

I think Imus won't be doing anymore TV shows on Cable as far as the foreseeable future goes.

If he does choose to do another version of his TV show, I'd say the closest thing he would probably do is an online only version with a paid subscription for consumers. I know other radio hosts such as Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh have similar services.

Archived