Gannett Spinoff To Be Named "Tegna"...

Marvin Dillweed

Local news on those stations are simply entertainment. This name change shows further proof (behind This Is Home) how stoop to a low level of respect for professional journalism. Let them burn to hell if you asked me.

This is dumb. Why do you say such dumb things?

Tegna is just a name. Just like Nexstar. And a lot of those stations do pretty well in their markets...

Get over yourself, you weirdo.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to "bump" a thread that's old.

This new name really shows how low a media company can go. It seems that Gannett since 2012 has been run by marketing execs like a P&G without any understanding of local broadcast media. I find Gannett has even micromanaged news quality against the local stations (other than TIH which I know I am a minority.)

I think anyone who has worked for this company after the name change should have zero respect. They killed their news career. Gannett has no credibility for serious news.

Local news on those stations are simply entertainment. This name change shows further proof (behind This Is Home) how stoop to a low level of respect for professional journalism. Let them burn to hell if you asked me.

Welp, what a way to come back to TVNT.

Apparently the ties between TEGNA & USA Today aren't going anywhere...

Many of the TEGNA markets are carrying the USA Today investigation into untested rape kits, branding them as a "TEGNA/USA Today investigation", much akin to joint productions such as NYT/CBS polling.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2015/07/16/30234855/

Archived