WTVR New Graphics

Ntropolis

By the looks of the website, it looks like they copied WTTV.

At least the 6 remains unchanged, though I have to wonder if and when the other CBS stations in the group will adopt this package in some form (i.e. WTKR, WREG, and WHNT). That's not including KFSM, which adopted a variant of the Fox look recently (similar to WGNO).

WTVR's been using that "Futura 6" in different forms since the late 80s. Good to see it stay.

Interesting to see how WTKR implements this, if they do... I don't see the current "3" logo working with these graphics.

Interesting to see how WTKR implements this, if they do... I don't see the current "3" logo working with these graphics.

They'll probably dump it along with the NewsChannel 3 branding, which is probably what WREG would have to do also if they went that route (but they would keep the 3 logo the same, which has been in continuous use since the 80s).

By the looks of the website, it looks like they copied WTTV.

I agree it does look like WTTV's graphics.. I wish more Tribune stations (WDAF) would get the corporate look.

WTVR didn't just copy WTTV, it is WTTV's - or generally Tribune CBS.

Nevertheless, I'll love to see more Tribune CBS stations adopting this.

Before I left work later this morning, WTVR changed their profile pic with the new logo and they have the new banner up on their Facebook page with "The Weather Authority" logo which is also used on sister station WTTV.

UPDATE (4:54pm): I'm watching a severe weather alert during "Steve Harvey". JBnews, they're now using "Moving Forward". "The Enforcer" is gone after 14 years.

640px-WTVR2015.jpg

Yeah, I'll get used to that... and "Moving Forward" (I'll miss "The Enforcer"). I like "Moving Forward" but personally, I was hoping for "CBS Local" so they can continue using the "I Love Chicago" signature like WOIO, WBTV and others. Now that WTVR stopped using the KDVR 2011 graphics, WQAD in the Quad Cities is the only Tribune station that's using them... but with a blue-greenish color.

The sooner WTKR gets this look.....the better!

The logo of theirs (and their cheesy video-game-like package) should have been put to death YEARS ago!

The current WTKR logo is horrid. Almost anything would be an improvement.

The sooner WTKR gets this look.....the better!

The logo of theirs (and their cheesy video-game-like package) should have been put to death YEARS ago!

I hope something new makes it to WTKR soon. They're quite due... for ages they always updated graphics every 2-3 years, and the current stuff dates back to 2010-2011. They've been using Coverage for music going on five years now-the longest they've ever used a music package.

I hope something new makes it to WTKR soon. They're quite due... for ages they always updated graphics every 2-3 years, and the current stuff dates back to 2010-2011. They've been using Coverage for music going on five years now-the longest they've ever used a music package.

It actually ties the In-Sink music package they used from 2002-2007 for the longest music package ever used by WTKR, according to the NMSA.

"Virginia This Morning" - WTVR's 9am talk show - is still using the morning cuts of "News in Focus". The graphics for the show (which has been used since 2013 or '14) are still the same.

I agree with y'all on WTKR. That station needs new graphics, plus a new set as well.

Well, the "NewsChannel" portion would likely be revamped, but they can't let a good "3" like that go to waste. It's bold, direct, and very distinctive. It could work, but not in a circle.

Both the WTTV "4" and the WTVR "6" were retained when they went to this package, so it's conceivable that they retain the WTKR "3".

I'd like to see KFSM adopt this look as well.

• 9 months later...

Apologies for bumping this, but WREG in Memphis will be switching to a variant of the Tribune CBS look beginning next week (as soon as Super Bowl Sunday possibly) while also keeping their existing logo (unchanged since 1996-97). I just saw one of their first sweeps promos to fully utilize it (outside of their "Weather Experts" ones).

Not sure if they will be switching to 615's "Moving Forward" as a result, but they have replaced Harry Schultz with someone new (possibly Brian Lee?) as their voice over guy.

Apologies for bumping this, but WREG in Memphis will be switching to a variant of the Tribune CBS look beginning next week (as soon as Super Bowl Sunday possibly) while also keeping their existing logo (unchanged since 1996-97). I just saw one of their first sweeps promos to fully utilize it (outside of their "Weather Experts" ones).
Will WHNT get a similar treatment?

Archived