WSMV having NBC look?

bmasters1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
WSMV using an NBC "look" isn't terribly new.

In the 90s, they used a graphics package inspired by "Nightly News" (KNBC used it as well)

Here is the open from that package:

(NBC NN from 1993, skip to 2:05:

https://youtu.be/qPBmFh6p_So)

I'm not so sure WSMV's 1994-97 package was inspired by that used by the mid-90s Nightly News look, insofar as its more of a derivation of the graphics used by the former Ellis Communications stations beginning in late 1994/early 1995.

Also, about the NN video that WxManTim linked, the right parenthetic mark included in his quote "broke" the link. Remove the ")" from the end of the URL and it'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

All of you are going to hate on me for saying this but I hope that Nexstar purchases the newest NBC O&O look from the NBC Arthouse for all of their NBC affiliates. They use NBC Arthouse already for their NBC affiliates. That is where the current NBC Nexstar look came from and was shortly user by KXAS 4 years ago.

They haven't finished rolling out Look N to all the O&O's. So any other affiliate looking to get this new graphics package will have to wait...So yes, WSMV may get the new look, but not for a while.

Archived