WABC's Lisa Colagrossi passes away after brain aneurysm

NYNewsCoverage

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I'm not just shell-shocked, but I'm heartbroken and sadly teared up of her death. There never be another Lisa Colagrossi. I have a feeling that WKYC/Cleveland and WKMG/Orlando are

planning to do tributes to Lisa over the weekend, so keep Lisa's family in your prayers.

TVNewsTalk want to take this time to offer our prayers and condolences to Lisa's husband, her two children, and to Lisa's extended TV families at WKYC Channel 3 News, WKMG Local 6 News and WABC Channel 7

Eyewitness News.

We love you Lisa, God Bless and Godspeed.

- Go Rest High on That Mountain (Vince Gill)

It's nice to see WPIX giving their regards and telling Lisa's story.

Too bad the same can't be said for Channels 2, 4 & 5.

Was this on WPIX's newscast? If so maybe the other stations wanted to wait until WABC reported it as a courtesy. I remember the day Tim Russert died the other networks/ news organizations knew he died but waited (save for the NY Times) on reporting the news until NBC contacted his family who was in Europe and NBC broke in.

WABC put together a very touching tribute. I got a tear in my eye and until this happened I did not know of her. She sounded like a remarkable woman.

ABC 13 (O&O Houston) has posted the news on their social media as well. You know that feeling when you get news and you just feel sick to your stomach? That's exactly how I'm feeling right now. Lisa was so great and I remember being an avid Channel 7 fan a few years back and being lucky to have watched Lisa's reporting and filling in. She was always great with Lori or Ken. Just so sad to hear this.

My God. I'm stunned.

I can't believe it. Wow. That was sudden. Ugh. I haven't been keeping up with the news because I've been sick but, to wake up to this is really horrible. Honestly that is tragic there's no words that can really console me or anyone because that is really just devastating. I don't understand how that could happen so suddenly.. She was just on the air and she seemed like she had a perfect bill of health so that is really a devastating loss for the New York TV Market. I'm hoping WABC will honor her because she was one of a kind. She deserves to be honored her name has to be honored because she was such an incredible reporter. They need to really celebrate her life and I hope WABC puts together a nice piece for her during the later broadcasts. Ugh sometimes it's hard to move on when you hear news like this because deaths like these are truly unfair, unexpected and are just so devastating to the people around her and her viewers. It's gonna be a while for me to get over this one.. :'(.

To think she was just on air Thursday morning.. And now shes gone.. It unbelievable.. Makes you appreciate life and what you have.. Life is way too short and can change in an instant.. Live and be happy because you really never know what can happen.. Rest in Peace Lisa.. You will be missed.

Lori Stokes was very upset this morning, she did a beautiful tribute to Lisa. She said it going to be a tough few weeks for everyone. Its unbelievably sad. Like Otis Livingston tweeted "It is NYCs loss" With the tragedy in Brooklyn this morning, the Loss of Lisa and other things that have happened this week, everyone should take a step back and look at their lives. Hug the ones you love, let them know how much they mean to you, don't fight and let the little things go. Life is precious and can be cut short in an instant. You never know what the next minute holds. May Lisa's family at home and at Eyewtiness News know she is looking over them and will always be with them in spirit.

For those of you who missed the tribute here is the link:

http://7online.com/news/remembering-eyewitness-news-reporter-lisa-colagrossi/567503/

Looks like her former stations WKYC & WKMG also have stories up about her death as well:

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/cuyahoga-county/2015/03/21/wkyc-alum-lisa-colagrossi-passes-away/25136589/

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/veteran-reporter-lisa-colagrossi-dies-after-brain-hemorrhage/31940690

Only knew about her having a brain hemorrhage a couple of stories including the above one mentioned she also had a massive heart attack. Sending her family and her extended family at EWN thoughts and prayers during the difficult time. May she rest in paradise.

Lori Stokes was very upset this morning, she did a beautiful tribute to Lisa. She said it going to be a tough few weeks for everyone. Its unbelievably sad. Like Otis Livingston tweeted "It is NYCs loss" With the tragedy in Brooklyn this morning, the Loss of Lisa and other things that have happened this week, everyone should take a step back and look at their lives. Hug the ones you love, let them know how much they mean to you, don't fight and let the little things go. Life is precious and can be cut short in an instant. You never know what the next minute holds. May Lisa's family at home and at Eyewtiness News know she is looking over them and will always be with them in spirit.

For those of you who missed the tribute here is the link:

http://7online.com/news/remembering-eyewitness-news-reporter-lisa-colagrossi/567503/

I can't imagine the pain her family is going through.

Ten years ago this Monday, a friend of mine lost her mother at the prime of her life. It shattered everyone, friends and family alike.

Pray for Lisa's family and for her coworkers, past and present (including her friends who are still at WKYC and WKMG).

Yeah I truly agree with what nynewslover has said. Life is truly short and you just never know when it can be taken away from you. Everyone must truly appreciate what they have and they need to really be happy to wake up every morning. A lot of people take this life for granted and when its suddenly taken away from you, its like complete shock. Life can be very short and people must appreciate it and live everyday like its her last. I personally feel like her life was robbed from her. She was at her prime and it was cut short for her. At least she was happy with what she was doing and was not depressed thats really the only silver lining in all of this.

Usually when we hear of a loss, its usually someone that has reached an old age or perhaps an accident and words can be formed to sorta celebrate this person's life. Its hard to find words though and to move on when its a sudden unfair loss though. But when its a sudden tragic loss like this that couldn't be forseen its just really shocking and unfair. It actually brought a little tear to my eye. I'm at work and I'm sending this message and I still can't fathom what has happened this morning. Its so truly heartbreaking and just unfair. I'm really going to miss her. She was such a class act. I almost saw her as a possible contender for weekend anchor once Sandra Bookman left. She would've been a great viable potential replacement. I can only imagine what her family must be going through and her two boys and her husband. They must be on their knees right now and they are probably beyond devastated. Ugh. I feel so bad. Really gut wrenching stuff... Its going to really be tough times for everyone and even me as the viewer its very emotional for me to hear this. Just so so sad and very unfair.. :(

Its very nice that the other New York Stations are following suit and paying their respects to her. They really should. I I feel like something should be dedicated under her name so she's properly remembered for her legendary work she did here in the Tri-State Area. If anyone from her family or friends are looking at this thread we formed her in her rememberance, we are here for you and we share your pain together. She and her family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember her from her days on WKYC when she was a weekend morning anchor....if memory serves me correct, she was one of the original anchors with Jeff Maynor 20 or so years ago.

WALA in Mobile has yet to report on her passing.....here's a topical that she did when she worked there in the early 1990s. (cued to 4:09)

It is a very nice outpouring of support from across the country from places she has worked, and even those where she hasn't.

Archived