WABC's Lisa Colagrossi passes away after brain aneurysm

NYNewsCoverage

All of these reporters from the different stations coming together is really nice. It's prooves they are all human. In the end ratings don't really matter. Who has the most awards doesn't matter. Who gets to the scene or the "exclusive" interview doesn't matter. It's a job. Yeah it's important but life is so much more.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still in denial. Every time I see her picture or see Lori's tribute air on EWN, I just keep saying to myself "Lisa! Lisa Colagrassi! What are they talking about? She'll be on air reporting from the streets on Monday morning! Of course she will. It's young, beautiful, talented, intelligent, energetic Lisa!"

Really, this for some reason is so hard to come to terms with. Feels like I lost a close friend. We all did.

When Cindy Hsu reported her passing on CBS 2 News at 11 tonight you could hear her voice start to crack as she was getting emotional. When the camera went on Cindy she looked like she was about to break down and cry. Shows you what an impact Lisa had on everyone who knew her/knew of her.

The outpouring of support and condolences from stations across the country just goes to show that these people are human as "nynewslover" said. I think sometimes we see them as being invincible when in reality they're human just as we are. It also goes to show that these people are truly friends despite the competitive spirit of news reporting. This is still so hard to come to terms with and just seems so unfair. Cannot believe this.

I remember her from her days on WKYC when she was a weekend morning anchor....if memory serves me correct, she was one of the original anchors with Jeff Maynor 20 or so years ago.

Actually, she was originally teamed with Jim Hooley, now of KMGH. Jeff Maynor didn't join WKYC until a year thereafter.

I'm so moved by the #ThankAReporter hashtag that I just saw is starting to spread on Twitter in honor of Lisa. It is incredible to see the outpouring of love and support from viewers, journalists, and media lovers not just in the tri-state area but across the country.

https://twitter.com/NYNewsObserver/status/579794160284262400

The outpouring of support and condolences from stations across the country just goes to show that these people are human as "nynewslover" said. I think sometimes we see them as being invincible when in reality they're human just as we are. It also goes to show that these people are truly friends despite the competitive spirit of news reporting. This is still so hard to come to terms with and just seems so unfair. Cannot believe this.

I think it is more than reporters and anchors being human. She seemed like a genuinely good and kind person who was loved by many. In a business where many can be supercompetitive, it is rare that you find a gem like Lisa. My prayers are with her family and may she rest in peace.

May God bless her and welcome her to Heaven. She was one of the best in the business, an example of how to report. Hopefully, she has left an impact of others to take up the reins and put a human element into the reporting. Thank you, Lisa and God bless.

I think it's beautiful how other anchors/reports from the different stations in the NYC area are remembering Lisa Colagrossi. They may work at different stations and compete with each other but in the end of the day they are just humans and friends and probably even hang out with each other often. RIP Lisa you will be missed.

Like we see on holidays including Thanksgiving and Christmas, most of the stories airing tonight are airing from the newswire or from taped packages. I suspect this is to allow as many people as possible to attend Lisa's memorial service this evening. Phil Lipof posted earlier that he is heading down from Boston to attend.

Archived