WGCL dumps CBS Enforcer for High Velocity

Hickman360

In an interesting move CBS 46 has dumped the CBS Enforcer in favor for High Velocity. The graphics remain the same though

Just heard it and it doesn't fit in the least.

Fist WXIA uses three packages at once and now WGCL drops Enforcer for a totally out-of-the-blue package.

Atlanta, everyone.

They also dropped Bill Ratner for the always terrible Brian Lee.

What has happened to this TV market in the last year? Three of the four English-language stations look pathetic in their own ways.

Gannett's apparently dealing with a mutiny in WXIA's creative services department, as the station now uses not one, not two, but three different music packages (This is Home, This Is The Place, and Locals Only) and three different graphics packages (a Hothaus-esque pack, the 2012 Belo pack, and the 2012 G3 pack). WAGA's O&O graphics are as terrible as ever, and WGCL is being WGCL again.

For all the flack I give its "if it bleeds it leads" style of journalism, at least WSB is stable.

Yeah, I'm thinking some sort of sickness is going around the graphics depts. that was spread by WSB to direct everyone else to them. Like, make the viewers so ticked off by all the inconsistency they'll head for WSB, because as you said they're stable.

Yes High Velocity v2 would work with their graphics better, but they choose to use version 1 which seem to make them sound subtle. In most part it does not sound that bad compare to their sister station in Hartford using the Enforcer-Advantage theme.

The fact that WGCL as well as the Raycom stations are dropping these Gari packages is a little peculiar, considering it came not long after Warner-Chappell acquired the Gari Music assets. Is this just a coincidence, or is it going to be like the short-lived Stephen Arnold exodus of 2007? At least, in that case, there was a reason why stations dumped Arnold's packages (luckily, he gained new clients not long afterward). But in this case, unless the Raycom case is just part of a group deal... I don't know.

What I can make of that YouTube clip is that they're using the same cut as KATV uses for "Channel 7 News Daybreak". That particular one is the third in on the main "High Velocity" sample on the SouthernMedia NMSA, and that cut is from V.1.

• 2 months later...

The fact that WGCL as well as the Raycom stations are dropping these Gari packages is a little peculiar, considering it came not long after Warner-Chappell acquired the Gari Music assets. Is this just a coincidence, or is it going to be like the short-lived Stephen Arnold exodus of 2007? At least, in that case, there was a reason why stations dumped Arnold's packages (luckily, he gained new clients not long afterward). But in this case, unless the Raycom case is just part of a group deal... I don't know.

Raycom dumped Gari before Warner-Chappell acquired the Gari assets. Gari didn't have a catalog to sell anyway. Snippits is that Gari dumped their assets to WC while there was still assets to sell.

Archived