WFLD Hires new Traffic Reporter

Chicago News Boy

When I saw her bio on Feder this morning, I lowered my expections, but she seems to be more than serviceable in the role after I saw her YouTube demo.

I wonder if the rest of her YouTube escapades will continue?

I wonder if the rest of her YouTube escapades will continue?

She is not a FOX employee, so that wouldn't prevent her from continuing her YouTube channel. My guess that between the TV and radio work, she likely won't have much time for side activities. Now instead of only being heard, we now get to see her live in the flesh, so there's no significant change in her role on GDC. I'm surprised Feder even bothered with this.

She is not a FOX employee, so that wouldn't prevent her from continuing her YouTube channel. My guess that between the TV and radio work, she likely won't have much time for side activities. Now instead of only being heard, we now get to see her live in the flesh, so there's no significant change in her role on GDC. I'm surprised Feder even bothered with this.

That's a little odd that she isn't a FOX employee... Usually the stations directly employee their traffic folks... Maybe it's a FOX thing. Come to think of it WJBK uses the services of the CBS news stations morning traffic guy over the phone. Cheap I guess.

That's a little odd that she isn't a FOX employee... Usually the stations directly employee their traffic folks... Maybe it's a FOX thing. Come to think of it WJBK uses the services of the CBS news stations morning traffic guy over the phone. Cheap I guess.

Yes, normally they are a direct employee, but I believe Jenny is still under the Total Traffic Network umbella as part of the long-standing arrangement between them and WFLD. Firing Sondra Solarte in January freed up money and continued WFLD's never-ending goal of cutting costs anywhere and everywhere.

FYI- Jenny also appeared live, on-camera on WBBM's weekday morning newscasts in addition to her work at Fox.

It says prior to her joining, she was a traffic reporter FOR total traffic network though???

Yesterday marked her official on-camera debut, but she has been a part of GDC for at least a year as Sondra's main fill-in. Why WFLD decided to finally show her on-camera is unclear given Sondra's been gone for weeks/months. She does radio traffic reports, etc...for Total Traffic, so she still works for them.

Archived