PHILLYvideofan Here...

Phillyhere

Hey there folks! Well--as a previous poster posted...my YouTube channel has been deleted. 1,730 files to be exact dating back to the late 80's.

I'm not shocked. Let me explain.

For whatever reason CBS filed a copyright claim about three weeks ago on four files I had up which were four separate videos of "The Bold and Beautiful" from the early 90's. So those four videos were deleted by YT and I was advised accordingly. Why CBS had issue with this when there are hundreds of other CBS programs on YT is beyond me. I've never profited from any of the videos. They were all recorded as a hobby from when I was 24 years old forward. They were posted in the same spirit...a hobby...a way to let others enjoy the TONS of stuff I recorded over the years. And boy was there a lot of stuff from soaps to news to breaking news to news promos and network entertainment promos. All of it now...G O N E .

Obviously...90% of what's on YT is copyrighted. Guess that's life. So, once CBS filed their claim I was at TWO STRIKES. Once you've hit THREE your account is deleted. So I knew it was only a matter of time. I went through and deleted about 40 files of videos that had "copyright alerts" but were still posted. Again, only a matter of time. So, who knows "who" filed another claim which is what deleted the account.

I actually had 515 videos posted on my first account. That was deleted about five years ago thanks to Dick Clark Productions involving eight videos, from 1986 to 1993, five minutes each, showing the countdown in Times Square from NEWS YEARS ROCKIN EVE. Also among those 515 deleted was live coverage from the shooting of President Ronald Reagan and ABC's Frank Reynolds "losing it" live on-air...

So now--all of my video collection is permanently gone. Live coverage from plane crashes, assassinations, snow storms, hurricanes, the Columbine shooting as well as YEAR IN REVIEWS from 1986 to 1995 from various news outlets. Also, celebrity deaths, the death and funerals of Princess Diana, Presidents Reagan, Nixon and Ford...many clips from "Their TV News" from ABC's overnight WORLD NEWS NOW to tons of storylines from ONE LIFE TO LIVE and so on. I trashed the 300+ tapes a year or so ago and honestly, wouldn't re-upload even if I still had them! It was about five years of transferring the tape to the pc...THEN...uploading into a YT file.

UGH...what can I say? Thanks to all of you who appreciated the videos. I had about 2400 "subscribers".I got so much enjoyment out of all the comments people would post and people from all over the world! Video of the debut of new GOOD MORNING AMERICA anchors Kevin Neumann and Lisa McRee prompted a personal message to me from Lisa thanking me as she never recorded her debut and got a kick out of showing it to her kids! I also had four segments from A CURRENT AFFAIR on the death of NBC's Jessica Savitch that prompted another personal message from her sister, Lori, asking that I remove the videos as they were painful to her and her family. I gladly obliged.

The videos that generated the MOST comments were the Columbine shooting...then the death of Lucille Ball followed by the death of Barry Gibb...and then actor Michael Landon.

Well, at least YT has opened a wee bit of bandwidth, ay?

Take care folks...

Hey there folks! Well--as a previous poster posted...my YouTube channel has been deleted. 1,730 files to be exact dating back to the late 80's.

I'm not shocked. Let me explain.

For whatever reason CBS filed a copyright claim about three weeks ago on four files I had up which were four separate videos of "The Bold and Beautiful" from the early 90's. So those four videos were deleted by YT and I was advised accordingly. Why CBS had issue with this when there are hundreds of other CBS programs on YT is beyond me. I've never profited from any of the videos. They were all recorded as a hobby from when I was 24 years old forward. They were posted in the same spirit...a hobby...a way to let others enjoy the TONS of stuff I recorded over the years. And boy was there a lot of stuff from soaps to news to breaking news to news promos and network entertainment promos. All of it now...G O N E .

Obviously...90% of what's on YT is copyrighted. Guess that's life. So, once CBS filed their claim I was at TWO STRIKES. Once you've hit THREE your account is deleted. So I knew it was only a matter of time. I went through and deleted about 40 files of videos that had "copyright alerts" but were still posted. Again, only a matter of time. So, who knows "who" filed another claim which is what deleted the account.

I actually had 515 videos posted on my first account. That was deleted about five years ago thanks to Dick Clark Productions involving eight videos, from 1986 to 1993, five minutes each, showing the countdown in Times Square from NEWS YEARS ROCKIN EVE. Also among those 515 deleted was live coverage from the shooting of President Ronald Reagan and ABC's Frank Reynolds "losing it" live on-air...

So now--all of my video collection is permanently gone. Live coverage from plane crashes, assassinations, snow storms, hurricanes, the Columbine shooting as well as YEAR IN REVIEWS from 1986 to 1995 from various news outlets. Also, celebrity deaths, the death and funerals of Princess Diana, Presidents Reagan, Nixon and Ford...many clips from "Their TV News" from ABC's overnight WORLD NEWS NOW to tons of storylines from ONE LIFE TO LIVE and so on. I trashed the 300+ tapes a year or so ago and honestly, wouldn't re-upload even if I still had them! It was about five years of transferring the tape to the pc...THEN...uploading into a YT file.

UGH...what can I say? Thanks to all of you who appreciated the videos. I had about 2400 "subscribers".I got so much enjoyment out of all the comments people would post and people from all over the world! Video of the debut of new GOOD MORNING AMERICA anchors Kevin Neumann and Lisa McRee prompted a personal message to me from Lisa thanking me as she never recorded her debut and got a kick out of showing it to her kids! I also had four segments from A CURRENT AFFAIR on the death of NBC's Jessica Savitch that prompted another personal message from her sister, Lori, asking that I remove the videos as they were painful to her and her family. I gladly obliged.

The videos that generated the MOST comments were the Columbine shooting...then the death of Lucille Ball followed by the death of Barry Gibb...and then actor Michael Landon.

Well, at least YT has opened a wee bit of bandwidth, ay?

Take care folks...

You posted way too much stuff... You can't post entire works like that without permission... In today's climate that's doom.

I'm sure it sucks to have all of your stuff deleted and all I can say is thank you for all of your dedication and time spent uploading those videos! I spent hours watching "vintage" GMA programs from the 80's and 90's and it sucks to know that it's gone because of some stupid copyright bullcrap. Screw YouTube!!

I'm sure it sucks to have all of your stuff deleted and all I can say is thank you for all of your dedication and time spent uploading those videos! I spent hours watching "vintage" GMA programs from the 80's and 90's and it sucks to know that it's gone because of some stupid copyright bullcrap. Screw YouTube!!

It's not just youtube though... Its federal copyright law...

This is a crash course illustrating why I have copies of all my YouTube postings on my external hard drive.

I went as far as putting mine on DVD organized by month and backed up on my computer... Qualifies it as "private home use".

I enjoyed your channel too, such a shame that it's gone.

I think you made a big mistake though by just throwing away the VHS tapes that you once had. What you should've done other than just throw them away was back the recordings up to DVD for preservation. That's something I'm working on myself as far as the dozens on tapes in my collection go.

Sorry to hear this. You had a lot of history.

I think you made a big mistake though by just throwing away the VHS tapes that you once had. What you should've done other than just throw them away was back the recordings up to DVD for preservation. That's something I'm working on myself as far as the dozens on tapes in my collection go.

^This. I need to do the same... I don't have a lot of historical stuff of significance though (I have a couple hours of TWC Katrina coverage on tape, but I'm certain this was recorded by many)

Archiving on a hard drive is probably the way to go. Even DVDs have an unknown longevity.

It's not just youtube though... Its federal copyright law...

Youtube has to remove any video a copyright holder demands they remove. However they don't have to delete every video on the account. Feels like they punish the viewers just as much as the uploader. They should instead just ban the user from uploading anything ever again (with that account).

Also use to be a way you could download a removed video before it was physically deleted from youtube's. You just had to know the your url, and various sites would be able to find the video. Not sure if thats possible anymore, but I do know all the videos are still on youtube's servers and will be for atleast 30 days. Thats because you can dispute the copyright claim, and if it was found the claim was made by someone who doesn't have any claim on the content, they remove the strike, and restore your account

Youtube has to remove any video a copyright holder demands they remove. However they don't have to delete every video on the account. Feels like they punish the viewers just as much as the uploader. They should instead just ban the user from uploading anything ever again (with that account).

Also use to be a way you could download a removed video before it was physically deleted from youtube's. You just had to know the your url, and various sites would be able to find the video. Not sure if thats possible anymore, but I do know all the videos are still on youtube's servers and will be for atleast 30 days. Thats because you can dispute the copyright claim, and if it was found the claim was made by someone who doesn't have any claim on the content, they remove the strike, and restore your account

3 strikes and you are banned... it sounds like he got that.... hence why the entire account was killed. He could try to claim fair use... I did once and it bounced back to me in 24 hours saying "we cannot honor your request and we will not be forwarding this to the claimant of the copyright".

There's a Firefox add-on called DownloadHelper, so if that works there's still time to save them.

Archived