RIP phillyvideofan

TVLurker

Account terminated sometime today or yesterday... Lots of Philadelphia news history lost to the sands of time.

:(

Stupid Youtube. I quite enjoyed being able to watch news stories from the past on his channel; specifically the crash of USAIr Flight 427 which he had compiled 3 videos from various stations etc.

First off, I'm deeply shocked by the termination of phillyvideofan's channel. All the videos he showcased featured many great moments in Philadelphia TV News history, along with some videos of network news and programming thrown in as well, and it made this guy awesome. I loved all the videos I watched from him and will miss the channel a lot.

Secondly, you're blaming The Nostalgia Critic for the demise? Tommy Wiseau? Who? And what did he do to cause this?? I'm confused.

(EDIT: I just realized from watching the video fully and closely that the person to blame is Mr. Copy R. N. Fringement. Thanks to him, all the of the videos featured are no longer shown to us, to our enjoyment and nostalgia kicks. Thanks to him, we can't watch any of these videos without problem. Thanks to him--well, he sucks. F*ck Copy Right N. Fringement...and f*ck YouTube for the stupid copyright rules and crap)

And third (and speaking of confused), I thought the header meant that the guy who ran the channel died. I was more shocked about that then the channel being struck down.

That sucks. I hate it when certain YouTube channels have to be taken down due to copyrights because the person running the channel dedicates his or her own time to not only uploading classic videos and commercials, but preserving them as well. Only to have it all taken away by a bunch of copyright turds.

• 2 years later...

There are a few free add on's out there for the browsers that allow you to download videos off the net.

look for "Video Downloaders" for your type of browser.

You really need to grab it yourself if you really want to save it.

All the legit video sharing services are obligated to yank videos if there is a copyright question. There is also a process to fight it...and it's used often by many to win those on-line copyright disputes...short of court.

Archived