• Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed this tweet,

Preparing our new home away from home.

@PIX11News @barclayscenter

https://twitter.com/pix11tech/status/593896976833445888/photo/1

And this tweet was just tweeted 4 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/pix11tech/status/595325653668536320

Getting ready!!! Construction is done... Now the lights and broadcast gear. @PIX11News @barclayscenter

PIX11 News

I don't like the middle picture in the background. Those buildings are non-descript, they look like they could be in any city. You see that picture, and you don't know it's New York, and to top it off, it looks fake, just like a city you would find in a computer game.

I agree. Is the building closest to the centre meant to be the Empire State Building (which featured in the other CGI shots when the background animated)? If so, you'd never guess.

They originally had three images on rotation - two of which had a clear view of the Empire State Building - so I just can't understand why they eventually decided to only use the one that could be any city anywhere.

Personally, I think they should have put some kind of frosting/effects over the Brooklyn Bridge duratrans (like they use on the other side of the studio), and stuck with the live skyline shot they used to have, which wouldn't look as out of place as it did when it was sandwiched between two clear images of the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the purpose of the Brooklyn studio? is it going to be for sports, are the going to also be the home for the Nets basketball ?

probably since they are one of the affiliates that provided sports before.

• 3 months later...

Archived