A Moratorium On "General" Threads

Effective immediately, "General" threads are not to be created without administration approval. These threads have started to get out of hand. The original general threads were created to be a dumping ground for the trivial, off-topic information that often ended up in threads about NYC stations and have since then become dumping grounds for things that really ought to be their own threads. Because of this, we are reviewing the concept of these threads and alternatives, which could include a new forum structure and a better shoutbox system.

Existing threads may continue as normal.

Thank You,

The Management

Good. I was getting tired of seeing people create multiple parallel discussions about the same topic (for instance, someone created a topic about TXCN shutting down even though discussion was already ongoing in the Gannett thread) and stuff about new sets and graphics which should've been in those respective sections.

Oh, and "Pittsburgh News General Discussion"? How ridiculous. Yeah, can see why this is going into effect... And I'm not really affected because I hardly start threads anyways.

I still think it would be nice to have a private board for industry employees. I would love to have a conversation without some yutz spouting off about what music they think my station should use or make wild speculation about station ownership.

Yes that would be nice.... But how do you determine that over the internet? You might also find some things useful that are said on here... I usually try to keep an open mind myself.

Email address doesn't have to be made public.

True... but then why would you exclude all the people that may have worked in it at one time and don't now? They aren't exactly in the dark... you see how hard this gets?

This is why I feel I can't be on TVNT anymore.

There is too much control on what we can or cannot say. Weeters, why don't you just put rules of what we CAN say?

I disagree on this change. And TXCN's demise deserved its own thread even if it was mentioned in that catchall Deathstar thread.

Seems like this site should move overseas to more controlling countries which polices people's speech.

Did you go to drama school, or is it just a hobby?

Wow, where did that come from, way past left field?

Maybe you should forward that question to the real actor known is Brian Williams instead. I was stating possible facts, not acting or pretending or embellishing my version of the truth.

If I ever come back, get rid of that damned reputation system. The wrong people have too many positive points and the right people always have low scores. It's not fair and politically incorrect too!

Archived