WRTV - New Set Coming?

Devon

I'll admit I do not watch WRTV a whole lot. But today I turned on their morning news and I noticed the anchors are broadcasting from what appears to be a makeshift "set." Also traffic was being done from what looked like the newsroom but I'm not sure. They weren't showing a whole lot. I apologize that I do not have any screen shots but just wondering if anyone has any info?

• 1 month later...

FYI the new set debuted today. I was at work when the evening news cast was on, but there are some Video clips from their evening newscast on YouTube. It appears they are going the way of WTTV using the video screens for weather. Surprised there wasn't a new graphics package to go with this.

And also an article at the IBJ says that they are using 30 (not a typo) 46" monitors behind the anchor desk and Seven 80" monitors on the side where their "lounge/interview' section is.

http://www.ibj.com/articles/52680-new-wrtv-news-show-joining-tv-news-binge#.VS0FWqXiMnU.twitter

FYI the new set debuted today. I was at work when the evening news cast was on, but there are some Video clips from their evening newscast on YouTube. It appears they are going the way of WTTV using the video screens for weather. Surprised there wasn't a new graphics package to go with this.

And also an article at the IBJ says that they are using 30 (not a typo) 46" monitors behind the anchor desk and Seven 80" monitors on the side where their "lounge/interview' section is.

http://www.ibj.com/articles/52680-new-wrtv-news-show-joining-tv-news-binge#.VS0FWqXiMnU.twitter

They are using Scripps standardized V2 graphics... There won't be any changes to them for at least a little while. Some Scripps stations still don't have the weather graphics that match the current graphics package. I think the ones WRTV is using look nice, wish we had them instead of the V1 red.

I don't like the weather not being done on a green screen. When I really need to see what's happening or want to read numbers all the lines and gaps don't help. It's a trend I've noticed over the last few years and I hope it goes away eventually. I think it looks awful.

Meh. KSHB occasionally does the weather in front of their monitor array, but only occasionally when they want to change things up a bit. What makes RTV's...awkward...is the fact that their array is so far off the ground compared to the person. It makes him look small or like he missed the platform or something. If that whole array was lowered by one television so that the top of it was more in line with his head, it would look much better.

Overall, I believe a green screen is the best way to present weather information.

You'll never know what you might find in the world of twitter.

CCzblMGW4AAGTXM.jpg

CCzblMkW0AA3SLR.jpg

CCzblMNWgAENji4.jpg

I wonder if that desk has standing on the ends or sitting down behind the desk for weather and sports? It almost looks too long for standing...

WRTV might have the best set in the Scripps group. I'm really curious to know that decision making process that goes on to determine which stations get the cookie cutter carbon-copies (KSHB, WCPO, WMAR) and which stations get something unique like WRTV.

WRTV might have the best set in the Scripps group. I'm really curious to know that decision making process that goes on to determine which stations get the cookie cutter carbon-copies (KSHB, WCPO, WMAR) and which stations get something unique like WRTV.

The style of newscast the station does must play some role in it... did any of those stations use Park Place (?) before this?

Archived