The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a sneak peak at the new logo :)

Wow, that logo looks disappointing. There wasn't even a reason to change it, the old logo would've looked fine with those graphics.

Hopefully the set won't be as disappointing, although looking at WJLA's new set I'm not keeping my hopes up.

KOMO's new logo is..... meh. It could better, but it could also be a lot worse

I think the KOMO logo would look better if it didn't have the red "NEWS" and just had the "KOMO 4". It would still be a bummer that it didn't have the Blue box with a white 4 inside it like so many of their older logos but it wouldn't look as clunky.

I think the KOMO logo would look better if it didn't have the red "NEWS" and just had the "KOMO 4". It would still be a bummer that it didn't have the Blue box with a white 4 inside it like so many of their older logos but it wouldn't look as clunky.

All it really is is their current logo rearranged (in essence) and without the square background. You have to wonder, though, if it's newscast title will be changed back to KOMO News 4 to match the logo layout or if it'll be like KSNV, where the news logo's text arrangement doesn't match the title.

And what about WWMT or KOMO? When are they going to get the new gfx?

WWMT is badly in need of the new "Sinclairization" -- I was hoping they would've gotten it by now, since most of the other Michigan Sinclair-owned stations have gotten both the new graphics AND newest rollout of their website... I know WLUC in the UP has the new website, but not the graphics... Praying this happens in the next couple of weeks

WWMT is badly in need of the new "Sinclairization" -- I was hoping they would've gotten it by now, since most of the other Michigan Sinclair-owned stations have gotten both the new graphics AND newest rollout of their website... I know WLUC in the UP has the new website, but not the graphics... Praying this happens in the next couple of weeks

And it's particularly egregious that the UpNorthLive stations have it, and they're in a much smaller market area than WWMT is in

And KOMO has been assimilated.

The L3's are the white on blue version and don't animate like KVII's (which would have looked better). They're using the 16:9 version; and dear lord this is a downgrade. The excessively wide L3's look absolutely tacky with how they're doing the text, given that most of the screen is a blue bar.

And KOMO has been assimilated.

The L3's are the white on blue version and don't animate like KVII's (which would have looked better). They're using the 16:9 version; and dear lord this is a downgrade. The excessively wide L3's look absolutely tacky with how they're doing the text, given that most of the screen is a blue bar.

It's a shame because the new set looks really nice. I'm surprised they weren't able to have more animated graphics. They really aren't bad when they aren't static all the time.

All it really is is their current logo rearranged (in essence) and without the square background. You have to wonder, though, if it's newscast title will be changed back to KOMO News 4 to match the logo layout or if it'll be like KSNV, where the news logo's text arrangement doesn't match the title.

So now that it's debuted what's the official brand? I'm guessing it's just another poorly-executed Sinclair logo where the text doesn't match the title but I could be wrong...

It's still KOMO 4 News. So yeah, yet another poorly-executed Sinclair logo where the text doesn't match the title.

Why would it be like that (the arrangement of the title elements not matching what the actual title is)? That's incredibly confusing (I say that because those who watch KOMO will be wondering, 'are we watching KOMO News 4 or KOMO 4 News?'). If the title is still KOMO 4 News, the title arrangement needs to be edited to reflect that and clear up the confusion.

Why would it be like that (the arrangement of the title elements not matching what the actual title is)? That's incredibly confusing (I say that because those who watch KOMO will be wondering, 'are we watching KOMO News 4 or KOMO 4 News?'). If the title is still KOMO 4 News, the title arrangement needs to be edited to reflect that and clear up the confusion.

Or the logo should be adjusted (or in this case, reverted back into the previous logo) to accommodate for the branding.

From the video they've gone to "KOMO News" which would make the brand match across all platforms (komonews.com, KOMO News Radio)

Smart move on their part! I'm glad they went to one title for everything. That clears up the confusion very well.

The logo does make sense then...whew.

Until we knew it that they were calling their news KOMO News now, that logo's design did not make a lick of sense. Now that they have one title across everything, the logo as it stands does indeed make perfect sense.

Until we knew it that they were calling their news KOMO News now, that logo's design did not make a lick of sense. Now that they have one title across everything, the logo as it stands does indeed make perfect sense.

It's the same sort of synergy KIRO once tried out a long, long time ago. That flopped, and TV and radio were promptly split up. But it makes sense today.

So, KOMO has made a few custom adjustments to the Sinclair red title card by adding a background image and shrinking the text size. Makes it look less awful than the standard fare that other Sinclair stations use.

image.png

Archived