The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sinclair Flag Mandate got applied to KPTM as well, which otherwise uses the current Fox O&O graphics but with the Sinclair weather graphics.

Somehow, I think it actually makes it look better there. And trust me, putting a flag on it feels like something Fox would do to begin with if they ran their local operations with FNC's political positions.

KTVO in Kirksville, MO (Market #210) has finally gotten the Sinclair look with the conversion to the WSYX version of the Sinclair graphics. In addition, they have received a new set as well as a new logo.

Huh, they are using the "glass" variant of the graphics in the beginning but also using "curves" throughout the weather segment (watch at end). Weird.

KTVO in Kirksville, MO (Market #210) has finally gotten the Sinclair look with the conversion to the WSYX version of the Sinclair graphics. In addition, they have received a new set as well as a new logo.

Market #200

The Sinclair Flag Mandate got applied to KPTM as well, which otherwise uses the current Fox O&O graphics but with the Sinclair weather graphics.

Somehow, I think it actually makes it look better there. And trust me, putting a flag on it feels like something Fox would do to begin with if they ran their local operations with FNC's political positions.

Are there any other Sinclair stations that don't use the standard Sinclair graphics and theme music? Any chance of this happening with Tribune's stations once the merger is approved?

Are there any other Sinclair stations that don't use the standard Sinclair graphics and theme music? Any chance of this happening with Tribune's stations once the merger is approved?

WKRC and KUTV have their own graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know there still some former Boten stations that hasn't recieved the Sinclair graphics/music as of yet (WCYB included)

I know there still some former Boten stations that hasn't recieved the Sinclair graphics/music as of yet (WCYB included)

I can confirm their Chico-Redding station (KRCR-TV) still being on the old pre-Sinclair graphics (and Signature music package).

KOMO got the animation on the flag to work, and it's way too fast.

I know it sounds unpatriotic but they really need to get rid of the flag on the L3s.

Unless it's a political story, it makes no sense having it being used for stories like someone getting beaten up to death or some road construction project.

WRLH still has the old, dated Sinclair graphics (except for weather; WWBT's Raycom graphics are used) and Gari's Daily News package and that set should've been retired a long time ago. WWBT's ticker is used during the newscasts. I wonder if WWBT will continue the news share agreement after WRLH becomes a Standard Media Group station or move the 7am and 10pm newscasts to sister station WUPV under the NBC12 News on CW Richmond name like the 4:30pm newscast.

Here's a clip from WRLH's morning news back in 2017.

The lower thirds back in 2009 (10:00 news). They became larger a few years later.

• 1 month later...
WRLH still has the old, dated Sinclair graphics (except for weather; WWBT's Raycom graphics are used) and Gari's Daily News package and that set should've been retired a long time ago. WWBT's ticker is used during the newscasts. I wonder if WWBT will continue the news share agreement after WRLH becomes a Standard Media Group station or move the 7am and 10pm newscasts to sister station WUPV under the NBC12 News on CW Richmond name like the 4:30pm newscast.

Here's a clip from WRLH's morning news back in 2017.

The lower thirds back in 2009 (10:00 news). They became larger a few years later.

The lower thirds look a lot like the ones from the News Central-era package.

Archived