tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
wset got the "updated" graphics. It looks even worse then the old open

new

old

What is going on with that animation in the new video? Looks like someone crudely came up with something in paint. The animation didn't flow at all compared to the older one.

new

old

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/the-sinclair-ization-thread.14525/page-32

They actually had it for a while, ever since late October. IMO, it looks better without that flag in the L3's, it has a cleaner feel to me.

• 2 weeks later...

new

old

A "Glass" version of this graphics update should not exist if it's going to look like THAT.

Now let's see how long until WBFF launches the updated Curves/Smart Glass graphics.

Not sure if this was been mentioned anywhere, but had anyone seen what's come out of KDBC lately?

It's like they're trying to incorporate the "glass eye" of the old CBS O&O pack from a few years ago along with the Sinclair graphics and the color red and it's failing miserably.

Here's the KFOX version

If they do this kind of setup, it's usually weekends... I know for the longest time, KNXV here in Phoenix used Nick Ciletti as both the anchor and weather anchor...

And further back, IIRC, Rob Jennings was the main anchor/weatherman on the weekend editions of Action News on WPVI, and I even remember seeing a 1992 KITV Honolulu segment from YouTube where Dan Cooke was the weatherman as well as being one of the anchors.

Archived