The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently searched the NMSA and apparently KVAL in Eugene, OR has switched to the sinclair music. Unsure about gfx though.

I was the one who notified NMSA about KVAL using the Sinclair news package, I even recorded the intro but no new graphics yet.

I was the one who notified NMSA about KVAL using the Sinclair news package, I even recorded the intro but no new graphics yet.

Oh my God they're using the gorgeous KOMO package that KOMO used before they had to switch to the Sincrap package. It's terrible that history is going to repeat itself.

Also, one of Sinclair's newly owned station (from the Bonten Media Group acquisition) KTXS 12 in Abilene, TX has the flag (and yes it animates) but no Sinclair graphics yet.

The flag has been part of the Lower 3rd for a brief amount of time and the only Sinclair music & graphics currently appearing on the station that I've seen are when they use the "Terrorism Alert Desk" segments.

I was in San Angelo yesterday and am currently in Abilene. I think they are still trying to sort out some issues with the placement of an updated time/temperature graphic. The simulcast on KTXE (ABC 38) showed what I guess is now the previous placement. This morning I was watching the news and it wasn't even completely on the screen on the tv in my hotel room. It appeared to be when I was recording it on my laptop though, albeit just barely.

KTXS_HD_20180104_0527.jpg.1831aa38da0909ac16a4bd919d9d40d9.jpg

KTXE-HD_20180102_1803.jpg.2eadb890680d8b8b50587cd3bfade7a2.jpg

KTXS in Abilene, TX received the Sinclair website design. [ATTACH=full]5146[/ATTACH]

I know we all hate Sinclair and everything but I think they have the most gorgeous websites of any station group. Clean, modern, simple.

Not sure if this was been mentioned anywhere, but had anyone seen what's come out of KDBC lately?

It's like they're trying to incorporate the "glass eye" of the old CBS O&O pack from a few years ago along with the Sinclair graphics and the color red and it's failing miserably.

Not sure if this was been mentioned anywhere, but had anyone seen what's come out of KDBC lately?

It's like they're trying to incorporate the "glass eye" of the old CBS O&O pack from a few years ago along with the Sinclair graphics and the color red and it's failing miserably.

Yeah, most of the Sinclair FOX affiliates (i think) are using this variation of the graphics, and maybe some other sinclair stations.

Yeah, most of the Sinclair FOX affiliates (i think) are using this variation of the graphics, and maybe some other sinclair stations.

Let's take an already awful package and make it worse. *Claps*

I know we all hate Sinclair and everything but I think they have the most gorgeous websites of any station group. Clean, modern, simple.

That is true. Considering the garbage layout that the preceding format had, however, anything would have been an improvement.

I've never seen anchors names pop up so many damn times as this... Every time they switched shots, there was the anchor's names... They must think we have dementia or something....

I've never seen anchors names pop up so many damn times as this... Every time they switched shots, there was the anchor's names... They must think we have dementia or something....

It is also weird that the female co-anchor also does the weather forecast. I mean do they even have a meteorologist?

It is also weird that the female co-anchor also does the weather forecast. I mean do they even have a meteorologist?

If they do this kind of setup, it's usually weekends... I know for the longest time, KNXV here in Phoenix used Nick Ciletti as both the anchor and weather anchor... I don't think he's even certified/degreed in meteorology, as he never ran the futurecast models or anything that required meteorological analysis...

If they do this kind of setup, it's usually weekends... I know for the longest time, KNXV here in Phoenix used Nick Ciletti as both the anchor and weather anchor... I don't think he's even certified/degreed in meteorology, as he never ran the futurecast models or anything that required meteorological analysis...

KPIX Brian Hackney, Neda Iranpour and Julie Watts does Double Duties.

This is nothing new. Every station in Orlando does it (or has). WFTV’s been doing it for YEARS.

This is nothing new. Every station in Orlando does it (or has). WFTV’s been doing it for YEARS.

I can confirm with Mike on this. I'm on vacation in Orlando all the time. Every time I'm there, I watch WFTV and every time I do, the anchor's name always pops up for every story. Its ridiculous.

I think that Allison Miller from KEYE has done news and weather a few times since she shifted from morning meteorologist to morning anchor a few years back. They also have the anchor do the weather on their Telemundo digital subchannel.

Archived