The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also known as 21st century propaganda. By design. I’m waiting until 2020when they put Trumps head on the L3’s by mandate so the sheeple stay hypnotized. Don’t laugh. That can easily happen. Like with this stunt they are preparing to do.

Or--and hear me out on this--they all finally have Lyric and CAMIO.

I'm not thrilled with the move either--guess the flag code needs to be updated for the digital world--but I promise they're not the only ones who can do this.

Or--and hear me out on this--they all finally have Lyric and CAMIO.

I'm not thrilled with the move either--guess the flag code needs to be updated for the digital world--but I promise they're not the only ones who can do this.

No I get that they can. I just remember previous employees posting on here that they got the packages as I thing Creative Suite files and were told to make it work on their wide variety systems. The fact that they could update it to all their stations surprised me. I’d think there’d be an announcement by Chyron and those other blogs saying they got a major contract to supply Lyric and CAMIO Systems to 150+ Stations.

No I get that they can. I just remember previous employees posting on here that they got the packages as I thing Creative Suite files and were told to make it work on their wide variety systems. The fact that they could update it to all their stations surprised me. I’d think there’d be an announcement by Chyron and those other blogs saying they got a major contract to supply Lyric and CAMIO Systems to 150+ Stations.

Not all those stations produce news, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that only a handful were using nonstandard hardware and they've since been upgraded.

It's also possible they're running mixed like Scripps or CBS where some stations are on Chyron and some are on something else. That's not too hard for a hub to manage.

KOMO got flagged. Doesn't animate

It's tacky; if they wanted to fill the rest of the L3 with something, I would have just put in the glassy "curve" animation in the same place.

KOKH got it too, meaning the new Fox version is not safe.

I like the flag as much as the next American, but it looks pretty stupid when used on graphics for a story about a shooting at a Wal-Mart in Colorado or some local trial in Baltimore.

I was watching WBFF coverage of a police officer being shot in Baltimore and found, to my amazement and horror, that their flag animates. Does it do that anywhere else? Because it looks F***ING TERRIBLE.

I was watching WBFF coverage of a police officer being shot in Baltimore and found, to my amazement and horror, that their flag animates. Does it do that anywhere else? Because it looks F***ING TERRIBLE.

There honestly should be an option to turn it off during certain events. Maybe they can use it during political stories?

Also what time did WBFF sign off?

That News9 logo... Olympic rings... American flag...

Are we stuck in November 2001 with the Salt Lake winter games coming up?

News9 is Everywhere lol. I don't miss watching them or living in that market.

WGXA's open: (Filmed before the flag graphics, Sinclair branded laptops)

WGXA-DT2 open:

That’s definitely a first. Stations either use gaffer tape, a promotional sticker or a custom case for laptops with the local logo. An SBG logo means nothing to viewers. Were the laptops hand me downs from corporate?

WGXA produces WFXL's newscasts, so they definitely aren't in HD.

Well only the Macon anchors are in SD while the graphics and in-house weather are in HD.

Noticed the old SBG logo on the laptop there too...

The old logo is on the closing tag too.

P.S.: WGXA has "the sweet flag of freedom", WFXL does not.

2121078566_bandicam2017-11-2301-33-18-441.jpg.cfe132b455d95af821a120cfef50abcc.jpg

853096326_bandicam2017-11-2301-30-54-492.jpg.263ddcd803cadce2acd555d114f466d1.jpg

Archived