The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

So, KOMO has made a few custom adjustments to the Sinclair red title card by adding a background image and shrinking the text size. Makes it look less awful than the standard fare that other Sinclair stations use.

Many stations have to make their own graphics. Sinclair doesn't give them the project files and the hub is absolutely terrible.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen a video on Instagram of a talent bump for WTOV using the Sinclair graphics. Intersting that don't use the green screen way for it. They do the spin thing like the other Sinclair stations do, instead they stand in spot on the set.

Do you think WRGB will get the sinclair graphics? I honestly hope not because I think it would be a downgrade from what they currently have.

The fact that the station uses Impact is the only thing that I'll miss when WRGB switches (unless they come out with a crappy logo with the new look, which is definitely possible). That station needs the new look badly.

The fact that the station uses Impact is the only thing that I'll miss when WRGB switches (unless they come out with a crappy logo with the new look, which is definitely possible). That station needs the new look badly.

That WRGB package is such an outlier given they got it only a couple months before the current Sinclair package was rolled out. Might it have been a dry run for a different package Sinclair might have standardized with?

The whole market can use a refresh graphically.

That WRGB package is such an outlier given they got it only a couple months before the current Sinclair package was rolled out. Might it have been a dry run for a different package Sinclair might have standardized with?

The whole market can use a refresh graphically.

Yes that's what I'm wondering their current graphics are fairly new and seem to have come out right before the sinclair package.

The DIN font is creeping into WRGB.

[ATTACH=full]2345[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2344[/ATTACH]

Yes! I've noticed, there's also promos with the curved aspect of the graphic package airing on WRGB with the sinclair theme

[GALLERY=media, 708]WRGB Promo by MikeBucc posted Oct 7, 2015 at 2:28 AM[/GALLERY]

Yes that's what I'm wondering their current graphics are fairly new and seem to have come out right before the sinclair package.

Yes! I've noticed, there's also promos with the curved aspect of the graphic package airing on WRGB with the sinclair theme

[GALLERY=media, 708]WRGB Promo by MikeBucc posted Oct 7, 2015 at 2:28 AM[/GALLERY]

WRGB 6 is #1, ehh? Not surprised. I think its WRGB at #1, WTEN at #2 and WNYT at #3.

But that may not last if Sinclair gets in its way.

WRGB 6 is #1, ehh? Not surprised. I think its WRGB at #1, WTEN at #2 and WNYT at #3.

But that may not last if Sinclair gets in its way.

Pretty much correct. Adding WXXA pretty was the final nudge WTEN needed for second place. MG has done a great job bringing everything together there.

WNYT, OTOH, is getting stale once again.

KOMO did some tweaks to their bug; firstly, its bigger (so much bigger that the L3's don't match it anymore. Guessing that's next on the list), and now has a dark blue shaded box, and a new, 3D logo animation. How cheap the bug looked was one of my initial complaints about the Sinclair graphics (especially given how the first station I saw using it on TV, WHAM by means of WUHF, had it)

It's better, definitely. Keep doing tweaks like that and we might actually have a pretty good implementation of the look there.

Yet another Sinclair station gets a new logo, this time it's KMTR Eugene. Given Sinclair's history of designing terrible logos (like KSNV) for their stations, I'd say that this isn't half bad.

Business+to+Business+Expo+2015+%2812%29.jpg

Yet another Sinclair station gets a new logo, this time it's KMTR Eugene. Given Sinclair's history of designing terrible logos (like KSNV) for their stations, I'd say that this isn't half bad.

Business+to+Business+Expo+2015+%2812%29.jpg

So when will they move to 16:9?

Archived