The Sinclair-ization thread

tyrannical bastard

If anything, this is pretty much a ripoff of KPHO's logo during the "Live. Late-breaking. Investigative." era.

Yeah, that's what it reminds me of. And even then, I was confused as to "News 5" versus "CBS 5 News". It didn't help that they debuted that logo as "News 5, Your Valley News Station" and within a year became "CBS 5 News".

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
You should see the presentation...

(clearly still have the old graphics)

It's a market 200-worthy look...it's esp. sad when their competitors (KOMU and KMIZ) have decent looks for a market that size. It's amateur hour over there.

After watching a few moments of it, I felt like I wanted to barf and just throw up. I would've been embarrassed if I lived in that market and saw KRCG 13's newscasts. No wonder why KOMU 8 and KMIZ 17 are putting KRCG 13's news product, down to the basement.

Plus, that Garrett guy seems like he didn't want to move at all, doesn't move his head or shake around and sounded like a fake newscaster, who was doing news through YouTube. My goodness, who do they hire there? And the graphics... looks like anybody can make them if you have Powerpoint or After Effects or Final Cut Pro or whatever video software that consumers can buy.

And they produce the lowest amount of newscasts per week than from, for example KOMU 8, which probably does twice an amount of more hours of news than KRCG, ALONE. The same can be said for KMIZ 17 and the news they produce for KQFX 22.

At this point, new anchors, the Sinclair music and graphics and everything else would be a VERY HUGE improvement over what they have now.

After watching a few moments of it, I felt like I wanted to barf and just throw up. I would've been embarrassed if I lived in that market and saw KRCG 13's newscasts. No wonder why KOMU 8 and KMIZ 17 are putting KRCG 13's news product, down to the basement.

Plus, that Garrett guy seems like he didn't want to move at all, doesn't move his head or shake around and sounded like a fake newscaster, who was doing news through YouTube. My goodness, who do they hire there? And the graphics... looks like anybody can make them if you have Powerpoint or After Effects or Final Cut Pro or whatever video software that consumers can buy.

And they produce the lowest amount of newscasts per week than from, for example KOMU 8, which probably does twice an amount of more hours of news than KRCG, ALONE. The same can be said for KMIZ 17 and the news they produce for KQFX 22.

At this point, new anchors, the Sinclair music and graphics and everything else would be a VERY HUGE improvement over what they have now.

KRCG actually does well in the ratings, despite the horrible product, mainly because they own the Jefferson City side of the market...

The stations there have their faults...KOMU being students means quality is hit-or-miss for obvious reasons...and KMIZ has a very tabloidy approach to news (everything's an "ALERT" and they have a section on their website devoted to "COLUMBIA CRIME HEADLINES" for Christ's sake) but presentation-wise (and even coverage-quality wise) they have KRCG beat IMO.

KMIZ has definitely stepped up their game...they used to be in the doghouse for a very long time but now they're in the running and leading at times. I would guess that part of the reason why KRCG does so well in the ratings is that KOMU no longer owns the Columbia side of the market with KMIZ doing well...which gives KRCG a win by default. I think viewers on the Jefferson City side of the market probably don't even think to watch the other stations.

At least KRCG has updated the bug though...

WDKY is planning on switching to new graphics in December. The Gray hub has to tweak them to make them work with the new WKYT graphics

Cool. New logo for them? Sinclair has changed some of them. They also call themselves FOX Lexington verses FOX 56 sometimes.

They used a similar logo for FOX Kansas http://www.foxkansas.com/images/logo.png

Add KRCG to the list as well (although they're still using the same music and graphics for the rest of their newscast). I'm actually suprised at how fast Sinclair is converting the Barrington stations because they were the one group where these graphics are an upgrade compared to what they used to have.

http://krcgtv.com/weather

7day.jpg

severe-dma.jpg

Archived